3 month old acrylic sump cracking?

bellasdad0911

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 24, 2017
Messages
239
Reaction score
116
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
24415da2d54f8c099ebf5bf1ba8e4bc3.jpg
77228183c5b33d348ccd65e11063921d.jpg
24415da2d54f8c099ebf5bf1ba8e4bc3.jpg


Was cleaning my tank and saw that my sump is showing many signs of cracking! Is this normal should I be worried of failure? Never had this happen.
 
Yes totally supported by the stand base and level. I thought these stress cracks are odd. It's a ruby trigger 30 from bulkreefsupply
 
Update, called brs and they contacted the vendor and agreed it needs to be replaced under warranty. Most likely a bad sheet of acrylic from the factory. Free replacement. Thanks brs and trigger reef for your great response
 
Brs is amazing. Excellent customer service and quick responses. I am glad I found that site years ago. I recommend them to all. The sump is a great sump! Not sure what happened in the case. Had to have been a bad piece of acrylic.
 
I realize this is an old thread, but....I have a buddy who's Bashsea acrylic sump started cracking randomly just like this. He was wondering if it could have possibly been caused by either 1) cleaning with vinegar/water solutions or 2) potentially from UV (he has a UV light sitting in his sump that he uses for sterlization). Any thoughts from anyone?

Or maybe it was just a bad piece of acrylic when the sump was manufactured as the thread says above.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new