3- pumps shot

Salty Dog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok it was my fault, I have a wet room I built for my equipment 12'x14' below a room that was built above grade. Any ways I have a sump pump built into the floor of the room where my waste water goes for water changes, waste water from RO unit ect. Well I go into my wet room do do some general maitenece and I un pluged the pump. Ok I come home from work (9hs later) and the room has 4" of water. Im stunned. I go straight in thinking my system sprung a leak. My pumps that are 2" off floor on styro foam were gurgling. I shut them down, and see the sump pump un pluged. What the - - - - !

I plug the sump pump in and it pumps the water out. Well I lost two Blue line 40, and a Iwaki 100RLT. I did have back up pumps that I put back on line so the system is good.

Does anyone have experience in rebuilding pumps? I would like to rebuild these pumps asap.

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sucks man! No help with the pumps but if this is something you unplug a lot maybe put something by the door like a check list, sump pump plugged in etc. Or they make switches and out lets with lights on them. I know I saw one that had a flashing light when power was lost, or they make alarms to go off for loss of power after so long. Just a thought

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 139 74.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 8.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 28 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.6%
Back