30 Gal - Free Swimming Fish Recommendations

  • Thread starter Thread starter BitReef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BitReef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 3, 2020
Messages
216
Reaction score
190
Location
Edmond
What state or country do you live in
Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a well established, 30 gal reef tank and I’m looking for some fish recommendations. Currently I have the following fish who have all been in the tank for over a year:
2 Clownfish
1 Royal Gramma
1 Purple Firefish
1 PJ Cardinal
The problem I have is that all of my fish, except the clowns, are extremely shy and hide in the rocks. I needs something that is a little more active or curious. I’ve been considering a Six-line wrasse, but want other suggestions. I probably want a free swimmer, or rock perching fish, but might consider sand dwelling. I just need some more character.

I want something reef safe. Some what peaceful, that will get along with my current stock. Preferably not a herbivorous as I use an auto feeder with pellet food a lot.

What should I add?
 
Possibly a coral beauty? Sixline as well, they’re super active though and might be a tad overkill in a 30. Coral beauties are generally reef safe.

Also, cardinals do better in schools, which is probably why your hides. I was going to suggest banggai cardinal or 3, till I saw you have a pj.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new