30 Gal stocking

EvanDeVita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I've had a 30 gallon (long) IM tank for about a year. I'd love some opinions and feedback on my stocking!

2 Baby Wyoming White Clowns
Royal Grama
Ornate Leopard Wrasse (small)
Dusky Jawfish
Ruby Mandarin Goby (eats mysis)
Pajama Cardinal
Neon Goby
Large Pintail Wrasse (I realize it's too big and I will be rehoming it).
Tuxedo Urchin
Blood Shrimp
Sand sifting starfish
3 Turbo snails
3 Trochus snails
3 Nasarius snails
~15 blue/scarlet hermits

Thoughts?

hds4216

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems pretty full to me, but I suppose if your nutrients are staying in-check, everyone has room, and there's no fighting it's alright. I bet your tank is pretty lively!

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of that is fine, although arguably a little cramped. The leopard wrasse will need a bigger tank.

OP
OP
EvanDeVita

EvanDeVita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of that is fine, although arguably a little cramped. The leopard wrasse will need a bigger tank.
I agree. I know the leopard wrasse will need a bigger tank, but they are slow growers and mine will stay small enough for at least a year or two.

OP
OP
EvanDeVita

EvanDeVita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems pretty full to me, but I suppose if your nutrients are staying in-check, everyone has room, and there's no fighting it's alright. I bet your tank is pretty lively!
Thank you! All the fish (except for the Dusky Jawfish) are about as small as you can possible get them. The Mandarin is wild-caught so isn't one of the 2 mm babies but it isn't a giant. Thanks for the response!

gaki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah sounds good. seems like you know what's gonna outgrow and when. Do you think you could post some pictures of the fish? they're some of my favorites :)

OP
OP
EvanDeVita

EvanDeVita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah sounds good. seems like you know what's gonna outgrow and when. Do you think you could post some pictures of the fish? they're some of my favorites :)
Haha you know I can! Please ignore the mess! Diatoms are ugly!
File_003.jpeg
File_001.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3875.MOV
    19 MB
  • IMG_3849.MOV
    24.4 MB
  • IMG_3848.MOV
    33.2 MB
  • IMG_3869_Trim.mp4
    77.1 MB

gaki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I don't think its your falt- I can never see anyone's videos (not even my own, but the pics work tho)

"they go crazy when its feeding time"
- almost everyone with clownfish lol

OP
OP
EvanDeVita

EvanDeVita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I don't think its your falt- I can never see anyone's videos (not even my own, but the pics work tho)

"they go crazy when its feeding time"
- almost everyone with clownfish lol
haha not just the clown. My jawfish is so much fun to watch eat. He will zoom out of his tank, grab food, and dart back in the blink of an eye. The craziest eater is the neon goby, stragely

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too have this tank and I'm looking to add more fish.

Currently have 2 black ocellaris, two banggai cardinals and an orchid dottyback. I'm looking to add a sand sifting goby or something but following along for ideas

OP
OP
EvanDeVita

EvanDeVita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too have this tank and I'm looking to add more fish.

Currently have 2 black ocellaris, two banggai cardinals and an orchid dottyback. I'm looking to add a sand sifting goby or something but following along for ideas
That's good to hear! Be careful though, clowns and dottybacks are territorial and aggressive. Be watchful for bullying when you add fish!

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You've opened the door of possibilities to me. I have the same tank with two clowns, a green clown goby, a YWG/pistol shrimp pair, a six-line wrasse, fire shrimp, peppermint shrimp, tuxedo urchin, three emerald crabs, and assorted snails and hermits. It seems full on paper, but when I look in my tank a lot of time, I don't see any fish. Maybe it's time to add more.

OP
OP
EvanDeVita

EvanDeVita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You've opened the door of possibilities to me. I have the same tank with two clowns, a green clown goby, a YWG/pistol shrimp pair, a six-line wrasse, fire shrimp, peppermint shrimp, tuxedo urchin, three emerald crabs, and assorted snails and hermits. It seems full on paper, but when I look in my tank a lot of time, I don't see any fish. Maybe it's time to add more.
I'm so happy to hear that! I also had a shrimp/goby pair! I'd say you can definitely more creatures, just be wary of aggression with your clowns and wrasse!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.6%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 73 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back