30 gallon breeder glass thickness

  • Thread starter Thread starter smhray
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

smhray

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 17, 2020
Messages
86
Reaction score
27
Location
Toronto
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a used 30 gallon breeder tank with dimensions of 36”x18”x12” (LxWxH) and I was wondering if I could use it since the glass is only 4mm thick. It has the framing around it still in perfect condition too.
Ive been having trouble finding tank specs from aqueon and I am in Canada and can’t call a US number.
 
Fill it to the top and check for bowing. Let it sit for a week.
 
Fill it to the top and check for bowing. Let it sit for a week.
Thanks I’ll do that right away. If there is no bowing then I’ll be all good to go? Or is there other things to look out for too?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new