30 gallon crab tank.

NHreefguy

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 25, 2015
Messages
631
Reaction score
475
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a stone crab that is getting to big for its fluval spec 2. So I'm gonna give him a new home for now. I have my substrate in with water. Just debating on what to do with it. Here's the tank and crab

1446483015099.jpg


1446483028706.jpg
 
Haha, I have a spec 3 and I know how "tight" they can be.
 
That thing is massive! Cool concept
 
I put a couple pieces of live rock in today to get the cycle going. I'm gonna have rock coming right out the water. I know it's only a stone crab but it's so brutal watching him eat. I give him a live goldfish a day! I also have a huge Majano that's probably gonna end up in there

1446606171444.jpg
 
I had one the same size in my native tank. Then he got bigger.....and hungrier, and meaner. Had to take him back down to the dock and let him go back to his home.
 
I had one the same size in my native tank. Then he got bigger.....and hungrier, and meaner. Had to take him back down to the dock and let him go back to his home.
I've seen videos where they're huge! Where are you from?
 
I've seen videos where they're huge! Where are you from?
Oh they get big! Haha he was about 5 inches from side to side, not including legs. I'm down in savannah ga, where the water is brown:D
 
Oh they get big! Haha he was about 5 inches from side to side, not including legs. I'm down in savannah ga, where the water is brown:D
Man, I'd love to make the move down there. Everything just seems easier.
 
Dorchester, New Hampshire. Where the water runs clear hahaha
Ah come on man, the fish taste better down here:D everyone knows that where the water visibility is negative 5 feet, it's better lol.
 
Ah come on man, the fish taste better down here:D everyone knows that where the water visibility is negative 5 feet, it's better lol.
I do lo love catfish! I can literally walk out back and catch brookies all day though. Don't get much better
 
What's that behind those dragon eye looking zoas?
I bought them at my lfs for $15 for around 20 or so polyps. They're growing so fast, probably gonna chop some off soon for the sake of fragging
 
I bought them at my lfs for $15 for around 20 or so polyps. They're growing so fast, probably gonna chop some off soon for the sake of fragging
Cool man. That's my fluval spec

1446608832496.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new