30 gallon cube nero 3 or mp10

  • Thread starter Thread starter CamNasty
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

CamNasty

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 16, 2021
Messages
17
Reaction score
2
Location
PSL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to change out my older powerheads for probably a mp10 or nero 3. Would one of those be enough? Also where is the best placement in a cube. Do I need any other flow? Any help would be appreciated.

20240707_173106.jpg
 
Whether one would be enough is dependent on how your rock scape is configured and what your corals require.

As an example, I have two Nero 3’s in my 32 gallon (albeit both are only running at 40%).I do have a number corals that appreciate a bit of flow and I sat one on either end of the tank and set them to a random flow pattern.
 
I just uploaded a picture. If I need two I'd probably have to go with nero 3 because the price.
 
I just uploaded a picture. If I need two I'd probably have to go with nero 3 because the price.
I can certainly understand the price issue—it’s why I went with the Nero’s. It looks like your two current power heads are running high and low. The high would help keep the water surface agitated and the low is pushing the flow around your rock scape. Both are important functions and I see you have a gorgonian up front, they do like a good amount of flow.

If it was mine I would go with two. If you want the MP10, you could always get one and use one of your existing power heads until you can replace the second.
 
I’m running the AI Nero 3 in my 20 gallon waterbox cube. It packs quite a punch and at full speed it’s like a hurricane in the tank so unless you are trying to do back and forth current one should be enough. The pulsing action on the pump is great and makes nice waves if you put it closer to the top of the surface.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new