OP
anthonygf

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope he gets better. Mine still refuses to come out, he will poke his fingers out a little and goes back in.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
did you frag off small test piece,to move around looking for "happy place"? current pic's? :)

OP
OP
anthonygf

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. I am not comfortable with fragging yet, still learning. SPS is growing fast and pieces are breaking off from the fish hitting it. I've seen them, they will swat it with there tail. Those pieces I have glued onto frag plugs to practice and will trade them for something.

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Duncans will swell up on ocation, to me its just part of what they do.

As far as the fish spitting sand on them well I would leave it be
In there real world they have to deal with ever changing suroundings, what the tides may bring in, etc. They survive just fine.

Start moving it from its home or happy place and it may wind up in a worse situation then having to rid itself of some occasional sand.

This however is one mans opinion

YMRreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great.

How is your Duncan doing? I just came across this thread and mine is doing the same thing! I was slightly worried at first, but now, two of its heads are open just like normal. It’s like a squished Oreo Duncan now hoping that maybe it’s growing some new heads?

Johniejumbo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You never see that filefish pick at the Duncans do you? My Duncan’s started staying closed all the time. Took me a few hours in front of the tank to see my Valentini puffer go nip at it. That had coexisted for 8 months before the puffer found them tasty. I moved the Duncan to a back up tank and they opened right up and are happy again. Now I’m watching the puffer like a hawk to see if it develops a taste for any of the other corals.

OP
OP
anthonygf

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You never see that filefish pick at the Duncans do you? My Duncan’s started staying closed all the time. Took me a few hours in front of the tank to see my Valentini puffer go nip at it. That had coexisted for 8 months before the puffer found them tasty. I moved the Duncan to a back up tank and they opened right up and are happy again. Now I’m watching the puffer like a hawk to see if it develops a taste for any of the other corals.
No never, if I catch him he will go back to LFS.

OP
OP
anthonygf

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you guys think of my new clam? Not very colorful but I am not made of money and buy all low cost corals and fish. My tang I purchased at local Petco. No one would buy him, he was skinny and lost much of his fins. When my tank crashed 2 years ago from a pump shorting out and popping CB, lost my yellow Tang. Then I asked the about the Tang at Petco, they gave me 80% discount. Around $20. Look at him now, fat and happy.

clam.jpg clam2.jpg

Back