30 head Duncan

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
glad to hear!!..."think"..time for a bigger tank;)..lol
very nice btw:cool:

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear the duncan is extending again. Hard to pick out which levers (WC, light change, placement, other) but you are on the right track.

It may just be my tank, but my duncan is the canary in the coal mine when it comes to being deficient in potassium(K) and or Iodine (I). I change water only 15% every 2 weeks and have to supplement both to keep them in range. My acropora couldn't care less about these trace elements, but for whatever reason my duncan seems to.

Food for thought.

OP
OP
anthonygf

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear the duncan is extending again. Hard to pick out which levers (WC, light change, placement, other) but you are on the right track.

It may just be my tank, but my duncan is the canary in the coal mine when it comes to being deficient in potassium(K) and or Iodine (I). I change water only 15% every 2 weeks and have to supplement both to keep them in range. My acropora couldn't care less about these trace elements, but for whatever reason my duncan seems to.

Food for thought.
Thanks. The only supplement I use is for Alkalinity 3/4 tsp per day of alkalin. 5 gallon water change per week. The calcium and magnesium never gets low. I feed my corals once a week, fish 3 cubes mysis and greens once a day. Some flake in the evening.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
careful don't let it squirt you in face when removing,try to do in water,bucket of tank water if at all possible

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
you can yes,but if able do in bowl ,or just do on a plate w no water ,may do a little damage to mush,will recover no problem :cool:

lilgrounchuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great to hear! It was likely the move down that did it. Mine hated being in the way of higher flow. I dropped them to the front corner in the sand bed and they’ve exploded. Added bonus as they also serve as a clean up crew member for uneaten food in the corner as the pump blows it around the tank.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i really do hate saying this but ,since fragging mush,maybe frag a couple of heads off the duncan ,to put elsewhere in tank,for future ideas of whats going on ,and where,just a thought;)

lilgrounchuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i really do hate saying this but ,since fragging mush,maybe frag a couple of heads off the duncan ,to put elsewhere in tank,for future ideas of whats going on ,and where,just a thought;)
That could help, not only to see what else is happening, but if it’s shading itself out it’ll allow the lower polyps to get some light.

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This seems like the most popular thread about Duncan's lol. I noticed ours looking like this just now. Almost like it's just fed (swollen) but without the heads closed like normal. Our goby has been spitting sand everywhere so I'm sure that's part of it. But is it splitting/growing new heads maybe? #reefsquad
Resized_20200710_144653.jpeg

OP
OP
anthonygf

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like it has gas. I never seen such a problem, if it is a problem. Mine hasn't fully recovered yet. If you have a QT tank you should move him incase he bursts and pollutes your DT.

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like it has gas. I never seen such a problem, if it is a problem. Mine hasn't fully recovered yet. If you have a QT tank you should move him incase he bursts and pollutes your DT.

Unfortunately no QT tank. We went lights out so the new fish could find homes today and it looked pretty normal for night time. Ill check him out in the morning and see how he's looking. Maybe he was just ticked off at the goby throwing sand on him.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 86.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 6.7%
Back