30 Year Hiatus

907_Reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome from Homer, AK! We love Fairbanks :)

I know how you feel about a ~300 mile ride to [the same] LFS also.. I'm making a run up there next week, have some other business in the area as well.

Sounds like you have enough in the works to fire up that build thread, link it in here!

@Akreefnewguy is also up in FB and just started some tanks, figured I'd note!

forrest-gump-hello.gif

OP
OP
AKLiving

AKLiving

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome from Homer, AK! We love Fairbanks :)

I know how you feel about a ~300 mile ride to [the same] LFS also.. I'm making a run up there next week, have some other business in the area as well.

Sounds like you have enough in the works to fire up that build thread, link it in here!

@Akreefnewguy is also up in FB and just started some tanks, figured I'd note!

forrest-gump-hello.gif
Thanks. I'm hoping the tank comes in today or tomorrow. It should have arrived at the port already.
I started a build thread but it's more of a junk collection thread at this time.

I thought I did all the steps for my build thread to show up but I must be doing something wrong.
Here's the link: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/t...owman-that-wanted-to-swim-in-the-reef.968668/

Last edited:

907_Reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
AKLiving

AKLiving

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
F9E7F178-F2D8-4081-9B1F-3F667412C621.jpeg
sorry I am late
You’re never too late. Or too early if you arrive precisely when you mean to.
Nice lemon peel. I’d like to have one but my prior experience with them in my previous FOWLR tanks they were more aggressive than I’d like right now.

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re never too late. Or too early if you arrive precisely when you mean to.
Nice lemon peel. I’d like to have one but my prior experience with them in my previous FOWLR tanks they were more aggressive than I’d like right now.
Hi sorry not my fish but there are plenty of people on r2r that have some stunning and rare ones . Thanks again enjoy your journey with r2r

OP
OP
AKLiving

AKLiving

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Deleted... in my build post

Last edited:
OP
OP
AKLiving

AKLiving

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With one of the goals (family's requirement) of being able to leave for a week or so without needing a reef expert sitter (are there any in Fairbanks?) I made a 75 liter / 20 gallon RODI reservoir. This was my first time making anything from acrylic in decades. I forgot how much I don't like working with black or non-transparent acrylic. One area didn't get bonded well enough and after about 24 hours in the garage the leak test failed. I saw the tiny separation however I had low confidence so applied ATI silicone before leak testing. The silicone held very well. I applied more Weld-On then clamped it anyway.

Plumbed for a Neptune ATK and monitored using the Neptune LLS. Height is 26" and the LLS is only 24" so I set the alarm just above the 0" mark so I have time to refill before it runs dry. Right now I'm using about 2.9L or 0.77g per day. That gives me over 3 weeks before needing to fill up again.

OP
OP
AKLiving

AKLiving

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dohhhh. Just realized this was going in the meet and greet forum. Sorry everyone. I'll move it to my build. I thought I was missing something but maybe I was more forgetful than I realized and dreamed that I posted other stuff.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi and welcome to Reef2Reef!

Back