300 DD build "finally"

jmann124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if anyone in the area wants a giant toadstool leather or kenya tree ill have plenty im not putting in the new tank.. so let me know. the toadstool leather is over a ft across..

How much for the toadstool? I'd love to have it! I have a spot picked out already.

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

ibbennyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What Are You GOnna Do WitH 225? If Selling Let Me Know.

ill eventually be selling it more than likely.. although id love to keep it cause its honestly a ****** ocea eurobrace tank.. aside from being too small for me.. its gonna be hard for me to give it up.. that along with the lifereef lf1-125 etc.

OP
OP
I

ibbennyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2013-04-019519-23-1095HDR.jpg
2013-04-019519-31-2095HDR.jpg
2013-04-019519-34-5695HDR.jpg
well here is my "sliding" metal halides

OP
OP
I

ibbennyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2013-04-019523-30-5695HDR.jpg
well i absolutey squeezed another dual fixture so its gonna be three 250w and 6 80w t5's now just gotta figure out what im gonna do for moonlights cause well i cant fit my current setup in there.. prolly gonna order the moonligh control for the digital aquatics.

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
80w t5s have a lot of par love em :) i get 50+ par on sandbed in my 180 with just 2. Even next to the glass 6" from end of t5 gets about the same. Curious tho why not go led+t5?

OP
OP
I

ibbennyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
80w t5s have a lot of par love em :) i get 50+ par on sandbed in my 180 with just 2. Even next to the glass 6" from end of t5 gets about the same. Curious tho why not go led+t5?

because i dont believe led's are there yet. they may be good for a year or so.. but not in the long run. ive seen to many people switch over only to go right back.. ill gladly stick with MH which is time and time again proven..

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm digging the idea of a center island. Most folks wont limit themselves to something that minimal. But you would have plenty of swim space for your huge vlamingi tang and tons of sand space for plate corals, trachy's, wellso's etc.

OP
OP
I

ibbennyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm digging the idea of a center island. Most folks wont limit themselves to something that minimal. But you would have plenty of swim space for your huge vlamingi tang and tons of sand space for plate corals, trachy's, wellso's etc.
yeah plus the amount of light thats going to be focused on the center i can pretty much put anything i want on it. haha. you know i really wanted the 8 ft 300 but i figure with the vlamingi tang if i do a center island it gives him the ability to swim completely around the entire circle around it.

i "think" i might also have a solution for my moon lights.. i gotta try it and see how it looks.. i have those icecap moonlight t5 led... not sure if you remember them or not.. but i might be able to mount them and turn them from the front... gotta try it and see..

i also think im procrastinating cause im at that point where its.. "OK FLIP THE SWITCH" ive had 100 gallons of water mixing since the weekend.. i got the light together lastnight... and all my shipments have come in.. so its either i do it or not time. hahaha

OP
OP
I

ibbennyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok.. just got back from lowes for my 22403350 trip.. lol picked up a 2' x 4' piece of wood that i just painted that im gonna use to mount all the power adapters / rke etc.. just waiting for htat to dry now.. and picked up a new shelf for the chiller / misc stuffffs almost there

OP
OP
I

ibbennyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
50 gallons in... mounted the wood for the modules.. and started mounting the moudules.. time to pump another 50 gallons in..

OP
OP
I

ibbennyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i pulled the trigger.. im currently being attacked by clown fish as i pull out the rock.... *******sss

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back