300 G2 Flow Required Constantly Changes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

GrandHokie98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 300 G2 that I upgraded to last summer, only a few fish came over from the previous tank and I am past the learning curve part of owning a tank with a sump. I had it running quiet and consistent until recently I ordered more fish. Now, for some reason that I cannot figure out, the flow requirements to keep the overflow silent vary from high to low, sometimes very rapidly and I need help figuring out why. (without touching the gate valve)

Further background... This is a freshwater tank, running Neptune Pro and COR20 pump. I have a 1" flowmeter in the return line feeding into a CO2 reactor and then back to the tank. There are also high and low optical sensors in the overflow box that control a program on the neptune to turn the pump up or down to keep it silent. This program is working perfectly and until I added the new fish it would adjust a percent or two up/down to keep the perfect level in the overflow (around 55% on the COR20). Now it can ramp from 35% to 85% to keep that level. (see graph)

300 G2 Flow Changes.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back