300 Gal Tank Too Tall

  • Thread starter Thread starter Abrfrie88
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Abrfrie88

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 13, 2025
Messages
159
Reaction score
35
Location
michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey, I just had this tank delivered today from another state, but the seller didn’t send me the correct dimensions. The tank was supposed to be 28 inches tall, but it turns out it’s 36 inches tall.

The dimensions the tank was supposed to be - 72” L x 28” W X 28” T
The dimensions the tank actually is - 76” L x 28” W x 36” T

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can shorten it or raise the bottom to make it workable for a reef tank? The tank I’m working with right now is 30” tall and it’s just a massive pain to place or move things around on the bottom of the tank. As of now, my only idea is to cut down the top of the tank and add a euro brace for support. I would then have to cut out the overflow, plug the hole, and probably put in a ghost overflow.

Also, it’s my fault for not asking, but the acrylic is 1” thick and I was assuming it was going to be 0.5”-0.75” since I thought it was a lot shorter. I already have my wave makers and gyre pump and I’m not sure how to get them to stay up since the magnets aren’t strong enough.

If anyone has any ideas on how to shorten the tank or increase the magnet strength for the wave makers and gyre, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

I listed the tank on Facebook marketplace in the meantime just in case someone was interested, but I don’t think it’ll sell fast enough and I was looking to get the tank set up within the next month.








 
Here’s some pictures of the tank
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0011.jpeg
    IMG_0011.jpeg
    296.8 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0012.jpeg
    IMG_0012.jpeg
    321.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0013.jpeg
    IMG_0013.jpeg
    253.7 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0014.jpeg
    IMG_0014.jpeg
    226.1 KB · Views: 66

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new