300 gallon in Iowa

Hello and welcome to R2R and great tank!!
goofy movie hello GIF
 
It me me 5 years to get her up and running and now it has had water in it 2 years come this February. I absolutely love the challenge. My wife has said you need more color here or you need more fish, it is nice she takes some interest in it. I did all the wiring, plumbing building the stand out of cherry. I have to build the hood yet which my plan is to put linear actuators on it so it rises to the ceiling so I can work in it.

16074649000781913497587328854148.jpg
Hello and welcome to the channel. Your tank looks great, maybe you can share more in a build thread contributor.
 
Welcome Dave.. I'm new too and getting a 300 gallon tank built.. Love your reef tank..I hope to get to your level one day.. Any advice on how and where you started in picking the right coral? Thanks, Chocodropp72
It me me 5 years to get her up and running and now it has had water in it 2 years come this February. I absolutely love the challenge. My wife has said you need more color here or you need more fish, it is nice she takes some interest in it. I did all the wiring, plumbing building the stand out of cherry. I have to build the hood yet which my plan is to put linear actuators on it so it rises to the ceiling so I can work in it.

16074649000781913497587328854148.jpg
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new