OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You mean like these but not come out as much ?
This video is from beggiining of that saga of what critter is inside the lobo ha ha and after dropping lobo off rocks onto sandbed few times it got stressed and released these twirly bits .

The white bit on outside of flesh looks hard and white bits on inside looks smooth.
Lobo still fluffy best part of day and night a little bit so doesnt look to bad so will just keep watch on it.
Thanks

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Well our kid been begging to put halloween decorations up so put some up in house and put some up on landing outside front door.will get some paint tommorrow and put our hand prints on windows and need buy a skeloton then outside done.just need buy few more decorations and some games and put a load of black bags on walls in living room closer to when we had party .
It's good having kids as excuse to have parties on go over board ha ha.

Well actually I've always gone over board on everything. I started about 5 years ago doing a little Christmas village theme on sideboard with intention 10 figures,5 houses and bit of snow but ended up being a full blown city with carnival and train tracks,churches,brewery,ski slopes and everything lol.havent done last 2 years as scared baby wreck it as lots wires,plugs under table.ended up being 4 metres wide,3 metres deep and 1 metre high off table lol

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Well our kid been begging to put halloween decorations up so put some up in house and put some up on landing outside front door.will get some paint tommorrow and put our hand prints on windows and need buy a skeloton then outside done.just need buy few more decorations and some games and put a load of black bags on walls in living room closer to when we had party .
It's good having kids as excuse to have parties on go over board ha ha
I don't like halloween, my husband does. But, since our neighborhood is already kind of dead. No need to decorate.

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here 2 attempts of Christmas villages I made.takes me about 5 hours a day for 2 weeks but missed doing it last 2 years due to age of baby but defo doing this year.sorry doing halloween decorations reminded me of Xmas decorations of village I do.
These 2 videos from 2017 and 2018 I believe

Last edited:
OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Well new pistol shrimp setting in just nicely and building a nice burrow for him and his new friend the ywg,burrowed all the way down to the glass and went under one rock which didn't think it could get under,especially the ywg but seems they can lol.
And begginning video one of the urchins picked up half a 3- 4 inch oyster shell,they literally will pick up anything lol

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Diy bristleworm trap ^_^ for when needed

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Here 2 attempts of Christmas villages I made.takes me about 5 hours a day for 2 weeks but missed doing it last 2 years due to age of baby but defo doing this year.sorry doing halloween decorations reminded me of Xmas decorations of village I do.
These 2 videos from 2017 and 2018 I believe

My husband loves christmas. My young one will be 3 in december. I kind of want to set up a winter wonderland village now :)

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My husband loves christmas. My young one will be 3 in december. I kind of want to set up a winter wonderland village now :)
Ha ha well if you do im sure your little one will love it.i start building mine last week in December so it ready after first week December so got few weeks of it being up, I'm 43 but I'm like a big kid so I love it to ha ha

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ha ha well if you do im sure your little one will love it.i start building mine last week in December so it ready after first week December so got few weeks of it being up, I'm 43 but I'm like a big kid so I love it to ha ha
Right now, he loves to break his toys. Only thing that worries me. Honestly, I hate being an adult. Being a kid is better. Children are happier and less serious. Although, I was always serious all my life. Time to let that go.

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now, he loves to break his toys. Only thing that worries me. Honestly, I hate being an adult. Being a kid is better. Children are happier and less serious. Although, I was always serious all my life. Time to let that go.
Yeah 100% agree with you,when I was younger upto I about 30 I was to serious and things had to be done a certain way but now I've realised different ways is ok.with regards to my kid I try teach her right from wrong but try to let her have the choice on what to do ,tell her what I thinks right and wrong then tell her it's her decision and 9 out 10 times she makes right choice so working so far anyhow ^_^ and try myself not to react badly to stuff that often no need to get mad,it's not easy at times but I can only keep trying my best

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah 100% agree with you,when I was younger upto I about 30 I was to serious and things had to be done a certain way but now I've realised different ways is ok.with regards to my kid I try teach her right from wrong but try to let her have the choice on what to do ,tell her what I thinks right and wrong then tell her it's her decision and 9 out 10 times she makes right choice so working so far anyhow ^_^ and try myself not to react badly to stuff that often no need to get mad,it's not easy at times but I can only keep trying my best
I know how it goes. We are making a time sheet for our young one on how long he can have cartoons per day. He didn't like that, but he has to learn. He was throwing a fit all day long. Better work on good habits and not let them have their way. Or get upset when they argue back.

But, teaching him not to break things, is difficult. He's learned how to take his toy cars apart :(

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know how it goes. We are making a time sheet for our young one on how long he can have cartoons per day. He didn't like that, but he has to learn. He was throwing a fit all day long. Better work on good habits and not let them have their way. Or get upset when they argue back.

But, teaching him not to break things, is difficult. He's learned how to take his toy cars apart :(
I've only got the one but it's very hard at times but very rewarding at other times.but all we can do is try our best ^_^

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having 2 I be cool with to control but 3 or more sure would be hard,my brother in law got 5 kids,4 with one woman and 1 with another and its bedlam sometimes in house with 4 kids pffft

But whatever that algae is on back new snails the hermits love it,caught another hermit going for ride up the glass on back of snail so if starts growing on rocks I know hermits will eat it ^_^

And woke up to small frag of paly's on sandbed and urchin few inches away so urchin
Picked up and dumped,tried buying epoxy when bought last lot of corals last week and tried another 2 lfs and all saying they can't get epoxy ,so will have try order online later today

And managed to add other power head last night and paired them up and tried all different combinations of slow random on and off and .fast on random on and off and constant on and off but seemed either torch on sand bed getting to much flow but torch on rocks not getting enough or vice versa so been playing with flow again today .noticed 2 mouths on new torch so getting ready to split looks like ,video to large to share but here screenshot from video

Attachments

• 20211020_093253.jpg
    20211020_093253.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20211020-130231_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20211020-130231_Video Player.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 14

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very difficult getting water flow right for everyone. Always seems most of the flow is on the sand bed. It's open and nothing to block the path.

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very difficult getting water flow right for everyone. Always seems most of the flow is on the sand bed. It's open and nothing to block the path.
Yeah noticed same and even thought putting one of the 2 x king scallop shells which are about 5 inch x 5 Inch stuck in sand a few inches away from torch on sandbed to deflect some the flow over and around torch but I know my 2 conch will just knock it over as they climb some the rocks sometimes,even caught one climbing overflow box other week.he got like 6 inches up before fell off lol

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I do love my weird conch. Lately he's been hiding behind the live rock and foraging there. I wonder if adding a second would be a good idea. Things seem fine in my system. Adding a second might mean not enough food for him.

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do love my weird conch. Lately he's been hiding behind the live rock and foraging there. I wonder if adding a second would be a good idea. Things seem fine in my system. Adding a second might mean not enough food for him.
Old saying is " if it's not broke dont fix it " but could always add nori or the ocean nutrition algae sheets I get at night time and stick it to glass near sandbed infront of them if needed.

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Well added new power head and synched it with old power head and had it on a revolving random flow setting and the rock I hollowed out to have as main entrance to pistol shrimp burrows got filled in with sand ( tried sticking clam shells in sand next to hole to stop it but it filled up lol ) pistol shrimp must got fed up and went to opposite end of tank and made new burrow ,not sure if connected or just left old one ,so broke some rocks up for it and put near new entrance

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back