3152 Osmolator Nano ATO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey Roger how is it going?
I been having a issue with mine.

I been using it for a few months now. When I first plugged the unit in it did this , I thought it was bad unit but I unplugged it and plugged it in and it was good for a few months. Thought maybe a fluke
Now it has done this a few times in the last month.

I will come down stairs and the pump looks like it is trying to start. I will see the pump jerk and then nothing and then it will do it again after a bit and over and over until I unplug and re-plug the unit in.

I do not think it is the pump though because after I unplug it and plug it back in it is good for a bit.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Dave,

This might be normal. So, out of the box these are set up for a tank under 25 gallons, the safety is a timer that will shut it down after a continuous run of 1 min 45 seconds, if the float rises before this the timer is reset for the next run, if it times out, the only way to reset it is to cycle the power. This is a safety to prevent a flood if the float failed and the "alarm" that it timed out is the pump twitch every 10-20 seconds or so. If the tank is 25-55 if you open the controller there is a jumper that you can set to a time limit of 2 min 45 seconds. Basically the short timer caps a top off at 1/3-1/2 gallon depending on head pressure the long timer is closer to 3/4 gallon. Pages 16-17 show how to set the timer in the manual. If the tank is say 30 gallons what we tend to see is the short timer works until we get into cold dry weather and then heaters running and dry air bring the evaporation above what the controller can keep up with, the longer timer will solve that.

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi Dave,

This might be normal. So, out of the box these are set up for a tank under 25 gallons, the safety is a timer that will shut it down after a continuous run of 1 min 45 seconds, if the float rises before this the timer is reset for the next run, if it times out, the only way to reset it is to cycle the power. This is a safety to prevent a flood if the float failed and the "alarm" that it timed out is the pump twitch every 10-20 seconds or so. If the tank is 25-55 if you open the controller there is a jumper that you can set to a time limit of 2 min 45 seconds. Basically the short timer caps a top off at 1/3-1/2 gallon depending on head pressure the long timer is closer to 3/4 gallon. Pages 16-17 show how to set the timer in the manual. If the tank is say 30 gallons what we tend to see is the short timer works until we get into cold dry weather and then heaters running and dry air bring the evaporation above what the controller can keep up with, the longer timer will solve that.

Thanks Roger..

I knew there was jumpers in there for the length of time and thought maybe that was the problem.

Yea that is exactly what it is doing is twitching, you described it exactly.

I will change the jumper and see if that helps..

It is on a 20 gallon with a small sump.. What concerned me was it did this the first time I plugged it in but I would bet that is the issue.
It is pretty dry in my basement right now.

Thank you very much...

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem, let me know if you have any issues after the timer change.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back