3155 and stock RS float valve?

RKeenan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was going to just attach line into return area of sump but was wondering if most folks just run the aftermarket ATO line to the stock float valve as extra redundancy? Would it hold back the pressure of the Tunze pump ok? My ATO is feeding from garage and have a check valve inline.

OP
OP
R

RKeenan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. Just if Tunze pump were to somehow (past the multiple safeguards built into 3155) keep running the float valve would shut off the flow. I know unlikely but there is already a float valve taking up space in sump so figured might as well use it.

DungSl1nger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. Just if Tunze pump were to somehow (past the multiple safeguards built into 3155) keep running the float valve would shut off the flow. I know unlikely but there is already a float valve taking up space in sump so figured might as well use it.
It may or may not. It was designed for a gravity type feed. I would think as long as the pump is pumping once you add back pressure the water would have to go somewhere. why not lower the pump speed or get a smart plug with an optical eye. They make them for skimmer cups.

OP
OP
R

RKeenan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah was thinking that it was designed as a gravity feed and not water pushing against it. The pump is the stock little Tunze unit in ATO reservoir 50ft away so do not think it is going to be a flow monster. Actually was thinking of upgrading it but turned up the pressure on the control unit to hopefully compensate for the distance and we will see.

Greg P

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll be amazed how much water the stock 3155 pump can push, given larger hose diameters.
I ran mine through 1/2" hose with a temporary DT and although I never measured how much it flowed, it was WAY more than the expected 350ml or so per cycle. I can only think it was at least double, but again, I never measured it.

With that said, for a run such as your 50 feet, I'll bet you could run 1/2" hose on the outer diameter fitting of the pump and you'd still be fine.
Mine was less than 10 feet so I can't attest to the strength/head pressure over your required length.

OP
OP
R

RKeenan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll be amazed how much water the stock 3155 pump can push, given larger hose diameters.
I ran mine through 1/2" hose with a temporary DT and although I never measured how much it flowed, it was WAY more than the expected 350ml or so per cycle. I can only think it was at least double, but again, I never measured it.

With that said, for a run such as your 50 feet, I'll bet you could run 1/2" hose on the outer diameter fitting of the pump and you'd still be fine.
Mine was less than 10 feet so I can't attest to the strength/head pressure over your required length.
Ohhhhh no! Lol I just got done running 3 1/4 lines and wiring in 3/4 pvc pipe thru walls and under yard to garage so not touching that. I did a test to make sure no leaks ect and seemed to be pumping ok. Not like a spigot or anything but as long as it can top off in 10 min... All good. :)

Greg P

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohhhhh no! Lol I just got done running 3 1/4 lines and wiring in 3/4 pvc pipe thru walls and under yard to garage so not touching that. I did a test to make sure no leaks ect and seemed to be pumping ok. Not like a spigot or anything but as long as it can top off in 10 min... All good. :)
Not sure I understand your concern. Is it 'cause of your pipe sizes?
Just test it before you close up all the walls after your mods.

OP
OP
R

RKeenan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All has been close up well now. No it would involve re-digging up the yard along length of house and pulling all the piping out to change size.

Attachments

• 2020-12-30 11.43.23.jpg
    2020-12-30 11.43.23.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 2020-12-31 20.05.48.jpg
    2020-12-31 20.05.48.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 35

Greg P

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All has been close up well now. No it would involve re-digging up the yard along length of house and pulling all the piping out to change size.
Hope all goes well now for you.
Not personally looking to answer questions after you've already run stuff and such with the house built.

Back