32 biocube build

ScubaSteeve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I wasn' looking to do a AIO, I had plans to do a 90g with a 30g sump but came across this for such a good deal I couldn' pass it up. Plus I figured getting back into saltwater having to check water conditions and everything else this would be a easier setup to start with, it' been almost 10 years since I have had a reef tank. So here' a few pics of what' going on atm, only the second day of cycle.

OP
OP
ScubaSteeve

ScubaSteeve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
15275249264972087064399.jpg
15275249264972087064399.jpg

15275249768321013055691.jpg

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good choice in a easy AIO tank only need to upgrade lighting.. that’s a great looking rock you have it will make a perfect perch for your corals.

OP
OP
ScubaSteeve

ScubaSteeve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I love the rock to the left but the one on the right has be annoying the crap out of me doesn' seem to matter how I move it, it just doesn' look how I want it to. Eventually I plan on upgrading to a Steve's LED I heard they will grow anything. Planning on upgrading to a intank media basket and a intake refuge and a mp10 pump

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have Steve's LEDs on ours, they are insanely bright, started a slow acclimation and had to back them off due to the wife's mushrooms bleaching. Getting ready to slowly go up again to find that sweet spot. They are very easy to install, I took my time and had them installed in about 30 minutes.

Last edited:

vegamedic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the rock but would suggest moving it forward an inch or two to allow flow behind, otherwise you might get a lot of detritus trapped between the rock and rear tank face

OP
OP
ScubaSteeve

ScubaSteeve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'
I love the rock but would suggest moving it forward an inch or two to allow flow behind, otherwise you might get a lot of detritus trapped between the rock and rear tank face
I'm sure they'll be moved a hundred time before the cycles over lol but thanks for the tip

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Johnny M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I love the rock to the left but the one on the right has be annoying the crap out of me doesn' seem to matter how I move it, it just doesn' look how I want it to. Eventually I plan on upgrading to a Steve's LED I heard they will grow anything. Planning on upgrading to a intank media basket and a intake refuge and a mp10 pump
Forget Steve's LED's go with : http://www.nanoboxreef.com/ - retro kit for BC32 led version. I did when I got my BC32, the heatsink used is much better at dissipating the heat and the lights hardly give off any heat. Plus the fan used is pretty quiet.

OP
OP
ScubaSteeve

ScubaSteeve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking for fish
A pair clowns
Purple firefish
Barnacle bleny
Yellow watchman/pistol shrimp
Flame angle? I'e seem them in biocube but not sure if they should be
And a dragonte if I found one thats been trained to eat
As for corals I'm still all over the place on that but I figured I still have plenty of time to decide on them before the tanks ready for them

OP
OP
ScubaSteeve

ScubaSteeve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tj
Forget Steve's LED's go with : http://www.nanoboxreef.com/ - retro kit for BC32 led version. I did when I got my BC32, the heatsink used is much better at dissipating the heat and the lights hardly give off any heat. Plus the fan used is pretty quiet.
They look pretty sweet but I plan on keeping the hood on and they all seem to be topples lights

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking for fish
A pair clowns
Purple firefish
Barnacle bleny
Yellow watchman/pistol shrimp
Flame angle? I'e seem them in biocube but not sure if they should be
And a dragonte if I found one thats been trained to eat
As for corals I'm still all over the place on that but I figured I still have plenty of time to decide on them before the tanks ready for them

Ok, is the fire fish and the goby/shrimp combo compatible? That is two gobies, will they fight? I have the same idea, because I love a fire fish, but will they fight what the heck another goby?

OP
OP
ScubaSteeve

ScubaSteeve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, is the fire fish and the goby/shrimp combo compatible? That is two gobies, will they fight? I have the same idea, because I love a fire fish, but will they fight what the heck another goby?
Honestly don't know maybe someone else will fill us in but those are just the ones that always catch my eye

Don Deslauriers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two goby fish will fight with each other. Believe me I've had it happen to me. I was transferring one to another tank and it didn't take long before they were battling with each other. One jumped out and landed underneath my pump in my sump and he jumped back in the tank. I have a firefish and a goby and they don't bother each other.

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two goby fish will fight with each other. Believe me I've had it happen to me. I was transferring one to another tank and it didn't take long before they were battling with each other. One jumped out and landed underneath my pump in my sump and he jumped back in the tank. I have a firefish and a goby and they don't bother each other.

Thanks for the reply, I figured that conspecific gobies would fight. Technically a fire fish is a goby, but it sounds like you are saying that a different type would likely be ok. The guy at my LFS said about the same thing, but you never really know...

I get that, fish have fishonalities.

BantyRooster97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a biocube set up as a second tank and it is pretty cool & easy to deal with! Not sure about the Steve's LED upgrade but the RapidLED upgrade is awesome.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 188 71.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 19 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 50 18.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.7%
Back