32 biocube build

The River

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is hard to see with this pic but I have 2 overhangs, one in the center and one that can be viewed from the left (can't see it in this pic). Both can been seen completely through to the back channel. The firefish hangs in the left one and the angel fish sleeps in the center one. Before this style they both hid deep inside my rocks and I saw much less of them. Giving them shelter with exits on front and back allows them to come and go and feel safe which greatly increased the amount they come out and play in the tank.

20180521_214409.jpg

OP
OP
ScubaSteeve

ScubaSteeve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It comes with a bluefish controller, not sure all the devices it will support but I’m using my iPad. I had heat problems with the stock lighting but the nanobox runs much cooler.. Dave uses a quality brushless fan on the heat sink that’s very quiet and does a good job cooling the light.

43EB6458-565D-4057-A07E-BD03A62EF91F.png

This is the complete system for the Biocube 14/16.. simple installation and it fits easily inside the hood.
D5D4091B-4913-49FC-A76E-700E0CBA9DAB.png

82630956-3851-4429-8328-D2AD8CD0B36E.png
Ok thanks I'll diffently look into them and your tank looks awesome btw

OP
OP
ScubaSteeve

ScubaSteeve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That piece on the left... Is that one piece that bends over itself? If so, I would knock a few chunks off the bottom edges and stand that straight up vertical. Very unique piece and would look like natural archway
Yes it' one piece and has a hole out the back that you can see from the side I just think it be to big if I stoop it up vertically and I'd have to get a lot more rock to fill in around it but I get what your saying about give them space to feel safe

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is really pretty! I see one clown what is the rest of your livestock?

Thanks! It’s only about a 11 gallon display and and it’s pretty much packed so I Just have the clown and one blue chromie .. I had a pair of clowns for over a year then they decided to start fighting so I had to separate them and I also had a beautiful fire fish at one time that jumped over the rear filter wall and lost it.. have a bunch of hermits, couple emerald crabs.. I’m currently working on thining it out I just pulled the out of control Kenya tree and a bunch of the red/blue shrooms and put them in another tank and I’m going to be pulling a lot of the rock work and using it to seed a new 47 gallon tank I’m getting ready to set up soon.

OP
OP
ScubaSteeve

ScubaSteeve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I picked up about 14 more pound of live rock and did a bit of smashing on one and this is what I came up with

OP
OP
ScubaSteeve

ScubaSteeve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea what this is? Came home today and found it on my rocks

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
ScubaSteeve

ScubaSteeve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No the white stuff most of my rocks have some on them now was wondering if it' something to be concerned with

OP
OP
ScubaSteeve

ScubaSteeve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I add more live sand to my tank? Was think about another 20lbs or less it seems a little thin in the back of the tank. Will this start the cycle over?

OP
OP
ScubaSteeve

ScubaSteeve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1528501466789184871891.jpg
anyone know what type of crab this is?they had it labeled as a emerald crab but I didn' think they can in red

OP
OP
ScubaSteeve

ScubaSteeve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a hydro 240 today... not very impressed with the flow but I only paid 15 bucks for it new in the box

OP
OP
ScubaSteeve

ScubaSteeve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also added a clean up crew and they went to town on the algae I had growing waters been stable for about a week

OP
OP
ScubaSteeve

ScubaSteeve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow guess it's been a while since I been on here new job and kids school have been taking up all my time but I have mange to do some work on the tank. Added 2 clown but lost one along the way added a pistol shrimp and yellow watch men but lost the goby now the pistol shrimp just keep moving all my sand to the back of the tank. Kind put adding anymore fish atm and been adding corals have a gold hammer, green torch, acan, a zoa, a Duncan, a green toadstool leather, green Stylophora a purple Stylophora, and a orange anemone. All a doing great except the Duncan not sure what his deal is I'll add some photos later when the lights are on a little. I ended up going with Steve's leds and love them

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back