OP
OP
ScubaSteeve

ScubaSteeve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two goby fish will fight with each other. Believe me I've had it happen to me. I was transferring one to another tank and it didn't take long before they were battling with each other. One jumped out and landed underneath my pump in my sump and he jumped back in the tank. I have a firefish and a goby and they don't bother each other.
Cool so I might be good with the firefish and watch man then

OP
OP
ScubaSteeve

ScubaSteeve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a biocube set up as a second tank and it is pretty cool & easy to deal with! Not sure about the Steve's LED upgrade but the RapidLED upgrade is awesome.
I looked at the rapid leds before I got the biocube but wasn' sure if they mount inside the hood or not

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tj

They look pretty sweet but I plan on keeping the hood on and they all seem to be topples lights

They make a retrofit kit that fits inside your your hood.. picture of mine when I installed it, great lighting running flawlessly now for 2 years and completely controllable

F3CACB92-04A8-43F7-B00A-0E558A19DD16.jpeg

OP
OP
ScubaSteeve

ScubaSteeve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They make a retrofit kit that fits inside your your hood.. picture of mine when I installed it, great lighting running flawlessly now for 2 years and completely controllable

So you run them off their controller? Heat build up isn't a issue?

OP
OP
ScubaSteeve

ScubaSteeve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 25lbs of live rock and 20lbs of live sand and starting to get some red algae on my rocks I'd take a pick but the blue lights came on and it's not showing up well

OP
OP
ScubaSteeve

ScubaSteeve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a DIY kit? Or is it under something else on their website?

tiggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys picked a great canvas with the Biocube. I've been running at least one for the past 8 years or so. With some modifications, you can really make something special.

The River

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the rock but would suggest moving it forward an inch or two to allow flow behind, otherwise you might get a lot of detritus trapped between the rock and rear tank face
Agree, you can check out my build in signature. I did my rocks several times and having a 2 inch channel in the back was key in the end. I also think making 2 small islands in those tanks looks sweet. My biggest advice, mess with the rocks now and get them the way you like. It is much more difficult and harmful to do it after adding livestock, like I did...
Also not sure what return pump you have but upgrading it is an awesome investment. The MJ1200 is good, i just ordered the Sicce 1.5 which I think is the best option. I also got the random flow nozzle which creates a nice random pattern on the return

The River

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking for fish
A pair clowns
Purple firefish
Barnacle bleny
Yellow watchman/pistol shrimp
Flame angle? I'e seem them in biocube but not sure if they should be
And a dragonte if I found one thats been trained to eat
As for corals I'm still all over the place on that but I figured I still have plenty of time to decide on them before the tanks ready for them

I have:
Lightning Maroon Clown
Exquisite Purple Firefish
Fisher Angelfish
Will be adding Randal Goby and Shrimp soon...
This combo is awesome in that tank. The clown is active and stays in an area, the angel is active and all over and the firefish guards the cave she sleeps in, they all get along well

OP
OP
ScubaSteeve

ScubaSteeve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I think I'm gonna have to take a hammer to the rock on the right no matter what I do with it it's just to big. I think if I knock a little off of it I can get it to fit in better. Going to order the intank media basket on Friday with seachem purigen and boyd chemi pure elite and possibly a autoaqua smart ato micro

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I think I'm gonna have to take a hammer to the rock on the right no matter what I do with it it's just to big. I think if I knock a little off of it I can get it to fit in better. Going to order the intank media basket on Friday with seachem purigen and boyd chemi pure elite and possibly a autoaqua smart ato micro

I recommend a brick chisel to get sort of "precise breaks". A hammer just goes smashola. I think it looks pretty good. I would go for more height?

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you run them off their controller? Heat build up isn't a issue?

It comes with a bluefish controller, not sure all the devices it will support but I’m using my iPad. I had heat problems with the stock lighting but the nanobox runs much cooler.. Dave uses a quality brushless fan on the heat sink that’s very quiet and does a good job cooling the light.

43EB6458-565D-4057-A07E-BD03A62EF91F.png

This is the complete system for the Biocube 14/16.. simple installation and it fits easily inside the hood.
D5D4091B-4913-49FC-A76E-700E0CBA9DAB.png

82630956-3851-4429-8328-D2AD8CD0B36E.png

The River

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW... the fish list you posted would def benefit from having a place for the fish to hover and feel safe, it prevents them from all out hiding when you give them arch or caves that you can see through. If not they will duck into your pile of rocks and only come out to feed (especially the purple firefish)

Back