32 hydra light settings

Kurrupt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I have a Red Sea Reefer 200XL and I have a AI 32 hydra for it but I don’t know what lighting to use I would like some kind of blue look to make the coral color pop out. It’ll be mostly a LPS dominated tank maybe some SPS but all the way in the top. I would greatly appreciate it to get some settings ideas for the tank

C2486B9F-87D1-49A6-85DC-990853DDF447.jpeg F377151F-56D5-487E-8FCF-BA93466B92C9.png

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely check out the BRS light setting recommendations on their YouTube channel for a 60 gallon cube. Almost exactly your tank size. That will give you recommended light settings and mounting height as well as par readings.

OP
OP
K

Kurrupt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely check out the BRS light setting recommendations on their YouTube channel for a 60 gallon cube. Almost exactly your tank size. That will give you recommended light settings and mounting height as well as par readings.
I did but I didn’t like the way my lights looked with the recommended settings

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did but I didn’t like the way my lights looked with the recommended settings
I would just adjust the white channel lower or higher depending on what you like and just keep the blue/violet/uv where they recommend as a start.

If you lower the whites, just boost the blues a little bit more to off set the par difference if you want to stick to similar par.

Or just rent a par meter. If you adjust drastically.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 22 23.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 23 25.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back