32000 Liter or 8500 gal concrete tank of Corals and (rare) Angels

lubeck

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Incredible! corals filling in quick. How many fish are in there now? Planning on any large shoals?

zheka757

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very impressive tank! something that a lot of us can dream of building and very few that actually can do it.

myteebird

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, long time I am not online here.

New Video

Greetings reef_styler at Inst

Oh my goodness this is beautiful! I want to jump in and take a swim with the fishies lol...just followed you on Insta to see the progress and look back on how far this has come...absolutely stunning!

OP
OP
A

Achilles Torben

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Incredible! corals filling in quick. How many fish are in there now? Planning on any large shoals?
Hi, I don't now how many fish. I introduce 70 fish, 50 Anthias, few weeks ago. Maybe 150 now. I plan more Anthias and more springeri damsels. Few bigger fish also like 2 morish Idols, may be 2 blue pointed rays, may be a few Genicanthus.

OP
OP
A

Achilles Torben

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very impressive tank! something that a lot of us can dream of building and very few that actually can do it.
Thank you, but I build it DIY. Corals I grow by myself. I buy everything at wholesaler or directly at the producer so it is by far not so expensive how everbody expected. I am not Andrew of course. Also it is very important for me that I didn't need much time to maintance the tank. I dont use phosphate or nitrite absorber or corbon. Just fleece filter and skimmer nothing else. Also I use Balling System to rrduce costs and and maintance because I had to much work with the Kalk reactor.

Greetings Torben

Last edited:

ErikVR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Torbe, just wanted to say what an incredible tank you have there! I love the depths. Greetings from your neighbor in NL!

Raul-7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 1000kg of Sand in the store. Until now I didn't introduce it. If everything runs well I will do.

First, gorgeous aquarium!

But my concern, if there is coralline and bacteria on the bare bottom - will you have to remove them first or just bury everything?

OP
OP
A

Achilles Torben

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, gorgeous aquarium!

But my concern, if there is coralline and bacteria on the bare bottom - will you have to remove them first or just bury everything?
Thank you so much

I don't now. I would bury everything in my opinion. Don't believe that I get any issues because of that. But in a few days Jörg Kokott, the owner of sangokai, will visit me. He is one of the leading professionals in the German saltwater scene. Is is an biologican. I will ask hin

albano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday we bought in 60kg of Sand. 100kg will follow
Big improvement! I think that you’re finally getting ‘the hang‘ of this hobby!
;)
Seriously, love it!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back