35.2 Waterbox issues

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for advice on a few issues with my new AIO WB 35.2

First issue is the center sump area is rising and dropping triggering the ATO.

At night I place a flashlight and can see through the rear glass. The water level will drop and then rise. What's going on with that? It's triggering the ATO when it don't need to.

I've noticed the Vortech MP10 might be the problem as I run it in reef Crest mode and alot of the flow is pushing more water into the left overflow just from the current. Right overflow don't have water being pushed as hard then the left.

Problem 2

Tank and WB aluminum stand not solid on carpet even though I have 2 1x6 wooden pieces under the leveling legs. It's obvious I can't run it like that while just cleaning the glass the tank will move..

Ideas?

20230615_131426.jpg 20230615_112208.jpg 20230615_112038.jpg 20230615_112028.jpg 20230615_033614.jpg

OP
OP
Salty_Northerner

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My father said to get rid of the 1x6's and use like a coaster under the adjusting feet? I know more Pounds per square inch but I don't know. I hate like hell to have to empty most of the water out as I just did the transfer today from my small Fluval tank. This is to heavy to even think about using leverage to pull the wood out and try coasters. Surely someone here has a tank stand set on carpet and can advise me what to do? Tank is pretty much bang on level and I'd figure all that weight would compress the carpet to take the wiggle out of it.

Asm481

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That stand has legs. Remove big pieces of wood and let the legs work. Are they leveling legs? If anything just small pieces of wood so the rug doesn't make the tank teeter totter.

OP
OP
Salty_Northerner

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That stand has legs. Remove big pieces of wood and let the legs work. Are they leveling legs? If anything just small pieces of wood so the rug doesn't make the tank teeter totter.
Yes it has leveling legs if you even call them that. The problem is waterbox says to not place on carpet otherwise place a sheet of plywood down. I figured it make use of what I had laying around at home .

I have the legs about half way out as I don't trust those skinny legs plus I couldn't even open the door with the empty tank sitting on the stand.

OP
OP
Salty_Northerner

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you all think about using something like these under the legs?

My father calls them coasters?

Attachments

• 20230615_143015.jpg
    20230615_143015.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 29
OP
OP
Salty_Northerner

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well thanks for the advice everyone! I took the wood out and bought 2" carpet base metal cups and placed them under the leveling feet. WAY STABLE now!! And a way cleaner look.

Attachments

• 20230616_150946.jpg
    20230616_150946.jpg
    351.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 20230616_161711.jpg
    20230616_161711.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 26

Kodock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having the same issue with my new waterbox right now. The aluminum frame is not structured to be perfectly level (apparently), so the foam is supposed to compensate. However, the are gaps in areas between the leveling foam and the tank that make them not even touch and give support. Any adjustments that I make to the feet, just shifts the imbalance.

My floors are not that unlevel. I haven’t heard back from Waterbox yet, but I’m ordering some new leveling feet and rubber coaster shims to see if that helps.. glad you got some resolution

OP
OP
Salty_Northerner

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having the same issue with my new waterbox right now. The aluminum frame is not structured to be perfectly level (apparently), so the foam is supposed to compensate. However, the are gaps in areas between the leveling foam and the tank that make them not even touch and give support. Any adjustments that I make to the feet, just shifts the imbalance.

My floors are not that unlevel. I haven’t heard back from Waterbox yet, but I’m ordering some new leveling feet and rubber coaster shims to see if that helps.. glad you got some resolution
Those dang cabinets are a pain to assemble. You need 3 hands and constant adjustment when assembling. Those stupid T bolts that fit inside the aluminum channel really worried me. I literally took a flashlight and went over every single T bolt to make sure it never moved while tightening or loosening up to do some adjustments. They really need to get there act together when it comes to these aluminum braced cabinets. That's a heck of a lot of weight standing pretty high up and if not assembled correctly could be a complete disaster.

Kodock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those dang cabinets are a pain to assemble. You need 3 hands and constant adjustment when assembling. Those stupid T bolts that fit inside the aluminum channel really worried me. I literally took a flashlight and went over every single T bolt to make sure it never moved while tightening or loosening up to do some adjustments. They really need to get there act together when it comes to these aluminum braced cabinets. That's a heck of a lot of weight standing pretty high up and if not assembled correctly could be a complete disaster.
Right?!!! I spent so much time wiggling those dang T bolts.. only to have them twist at the last second.. Fortunately I found out the line at the bottom of the screw tells you where it’s facing, but it still took a head lamp, a flat head and that hard to maneuver socket tool just to get them in..

I think they should have designed a rectangle frame to go on top, that was level by design, so it would settle the tank evenly. Having all these pieces separate just asks for structure issues.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 154 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.2%
Back