35 hex seahorse build

  • Thread starter Thread starter knap_123
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Looking forward to your build!! :)
 
Thanks, here is the tank when I first got it. I had to scrape all the silicone and redo it.
 
Last edited:
I painted the stand black and hit it from the inside up. To knock the top off . I had to grind the staples off. Then cut some wood to keep the top from moving. I used tight bond 111woodglue and glued the wood to the lid. It's also waterproof glue. the lid has a nice snug fit when it's on. now I have access to build my sump! And I have really been researching this online. Found a lot of good ideas and as I go along will be looking for input. I know a guy pretty well at a glass shop. So I got all this 1/4" acrylic for $30!
 
Last edited:
I layed a piece down and flipped the stand over on it. I traced the inside edge to get a pattern. now I have the bottom of my sump pattern. just working on ideas here.
 
Last edited:
Cool following!
 
Nice build. Don't see many hexs these days. A 15gal hex was my first tank as a kid. Can't wait to see it in action.
 
Last edited:
what type of searhorses are you going to keep? tank looks awesome and great job on the drilling :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new