350 Reefer Stock List

lilpew

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!
I have a Red Sea reefer 350 that has been established for about a year now. 4 months ago I ran into a velvet outbreak that wiped out all of my fish. I let my tank run fallow since all of my fish died, and I think I am finally ready to start stocking again. Does anybody see any problems with this stock list? Thanks!!

2 Clowns (Ocellaris)
1 Exquisite Wrasse
1 Multicolor Lubbocks Fairy Wrasse
1 Mystery Wrasse
1 Red Lined Wrasse (Male)
1 Yellow Eye Spotted Tang
1 One Spot Foxface

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!
I have a Red Sea reefer 350 that has been established for about a year now. 4 months ago I ran into a velvet outbreak that wiped out all of my fish. I let my tank run fallow since all of my fish died, and I think I am finally ready to start stocking again. Does anybody see any problems with this stock list? Thanks!!

2 Clowns (Ocellaris)
1 Exquisite Wrasse
1 Multicolor Lubbocks Fairy Wrasse
1 Mystery Wrasse
1 Red Lined Wrasse (Male)
1 Yellow Eye Spotted Tang
1 One Spot Foxface
First off the main issue I see is the Mystery Wrasse, this guy will likely become the only wrasse in the tank. There’s some that are good but in general, these guys don’t do well with other wrasses due to their aggression. I’d replace this with another Halichoeres species, specifically Halichoeres iridis.

As for the others, try and get them all female. They will transition to male and you’ll have them for a longer period of time - Ive personally found males to live for 2-3 years with some living for 4 years. Females however, they seem to have a lifespan more commonly into 4-5 years.

OP
OP
lilpew

lilpew

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off the main issue I see is the Mystery Wrasse, this guy will likely become the only wrasse in the tank. There’s some that are good but in general, these guys don’t do well with other wrasses due to their aggression. I’d replace this with another Halichoeres species, specifically Halichoeres iridis.

As for the others, try and get them all female. They will transition to male and you’ll have them for a longer period of time - Ive personally found males to live for 2-3 years with some living for 4 years. Females however, they seem to have a lifespan more commonly into 4-5 years.
What about an orange back fairy wrasse instead? Sorry, I don’t have a QT tank so I’m buying all my fish this go around from Dr Reefs Quarantined Fish and I don’t see the one you recommended

OP
OP
lilpew

lilpew

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, do you think the stock list is too heavy, or could I add maybe 2-3 more?

Tangs-A-Lot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is probably room for more. Unless you plan on getting every fish in the 3”-4”+ size range, and the tang 5”-6”+ size range right off the bat. A sand sifting Goby would be highly recommended, unless you’re not having a sandbed. I like Gobies, and many are small, so I would add 2-3 of different ones.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back