360 Gallon In-Wall (~450 Gallon System) & Fish Room Build

lolgranny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since boxed equipment pictures are near obligatory on these build threads, I thought I'd include one for completeness... ;)

Equipment1.jpg

This weekend I plan to work on a light rack for the Orphek fixtures. I'm currently taking some inspiration from you guys that build the ones that slide back from the tank for access. If anyone has any light rack experience they wish to share, I'd like to hear it.

Closet door rails work great. On my old 180g in wall this is what I used. I made a rack out of extube.com , mounted it to a pully which I could raise and lower. That was mounted to some high quality rollers which I could pull back 8 -12 feet.

OP
OP
Sticks And Stones

Sticks And Stones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Closet door rails work great. On my old 180g in wall this is what I used. I made a rack out of extube.com , mounted it to a pully which I could raise and lower. That was mounted to some high quality rollers which I could pull back 8 -12 feet.

Thanks. I'm actually looking at door rails for mine also.

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is going to be a great tank, little jealous of the fish room. Glad I got to join in before the tank was wet.

OP
OP
Sticks And Stones

Sticks And Stones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally received the aluminum extrusion for my light rack (the shipment was delayed due to weather). I built it with 1515 T-Slot extrusion to align to the Atlantik's mounting bolts. It's hanging from two pocket door rails so I can easily slide it back from the tank for access. Here's the result...

Frame.JPG

FrameWithLights.JPG

LightsOn.JPG

lolgranny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally received the aluminum extrusion for my light rack (the shipment was delayed due to weather). I built it with 1515 T-Slot extrusion to align to the Atlantik's mounting bolts. It's hanging from two pocket door rails so I can easily slide it back from the tank for access. Here's the result...

Frame.JPG

FrameWithLights.JPG

LightsOn.JPG

Looking good!!

OP
OP
Sticks And Stones

Sticks And Stones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone! Sorry for the delayed update... life's been pretty busy lately. I also needed to wait for the weather here in Colorado to start warming up enough to get some of the things I need to get done outside started.

I finished the trim and cleaned up some of the rock I will be using. These photos don't show it well, but that's roughly 250 lbs of rock.

Trim.jpg

Rock1.jpg

Rock2.jpg

Bigbadfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone! Sorry for the delayed update... life's been pretty busy lately. I also needed to wait for the weather here in Colorado to start warming up enough to get some of the things I need to get done outside started.

I finished the trim and cleaned up some of the rock I will be using. These photos don't show it well, but that's roughly 250 lbs of rock.

Trim.jpg

Rock1.jpg

Rock2.jpg

Where did you get shelf rock?

Higher Thinking

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did Advanced Acrylics quote you for that sump, if you don't mind me asking? I'm considering Crystal Reef Aquatics. I'm looking for basically that same dimension.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 171 67.6%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back