36g Bowfront

Mav88

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 17, 2020
Messages
405
Reaction score
1,616
Location
Culpeper
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started my upgrade from my EVO 13.5 to a 36 gallon bowfront in the end of December. Probably about time to post this up. After I had the new dry sand rock and water in the tank I took a piece of rock out of my EVO, and some phos balls, and left it in the bowfront for a week then started changing the water between the two tanks. I swapped 4 gallons at a time from the EVO to the bowfront and did this every 2 hours over the course of 8 hours. Then I removed the rock from the EVO and put it in the bowfront, grabbed the fish/cuc and put them in. The transfer went as well as I could of hoped.

Filtration : Seachem Tidal 75 with one bag chemi pure blue and a couple phos balls in between the media that came with the tank.
Heater: Eheim Jager 100W
Powerheads: Jebao SLW-10, and SLW-20 running full
Lighting: 2 AI Prime16HD and a Coralife 30in T5 fixture with an Antic and 10K bulb
Livestock: Corals, inverts, LTA - no fish right now in Fallow

Dont mind the box on top of my lights, the wife's angry bird like to perch on the lights and rip wires apart :(, so until I make a hood it does the job well.
image_50365185.JPG
image_67196673.JPG
image_50429441.JPG
image_67150849.JPG
 
Looks nice!

Leave a window open by "accident" and that bird issue will fix itself real quickly! lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new