3D Printed BRS RODI Wrench Replacement!

Schreiber

Leviathan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to submit this to the normal 3d print thread, but looks like it's MIA.

I've been meaning to do this for awhile now, finally had a few minutes to do it right.

wrench.jpg

Here's the link to the printable file on Thingiverse.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks good. I hope your canisters are not like mine and need the strength of a guerilla to get them off.
Lol......if it gets to the point you need to tighten them that much to prevent leaking, it is time to replace the rubber gaskets. BRS sells them pretty cheap. I had the same issues until I replaced those.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Filter wrenches are to cheap to waste 3D printer filament on making one. Lowes, Home Depot, true value, ace hardware, plumbing supply stores all sell them.

AdamD76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol......if it gets to the point you need to tighten them that much to prevent leaking, it is time to replace the rubber gaskets. BRS sells them pretty cheap. I had the same issues until I replaced those.
Its not that i tighten them that much. Just until it stops. By the time the filters need to be replaced for some reason they feel like they are welded shut. I dunno.

Malcontent

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did buy a combo filter canister and RO housing wrench awhile back.

garbled

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really wish you had made this last week. For my DI monitor project, I needed a filter wrench design that I could hack up.. yours looks better than what I ended up with....

driftin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been wanting to make something to hold the cap in place while I wrench the canister itself. Has anybody come across something like that anywhere?

OP
OP
Schreiber

Schreiber

Leviathan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks good. I hope your canisters are not like mine and need the strength of a guerilla to get them off.
Thanks! I always *think* I'm putting them on pretty loosely, but I discover someone's tightened them while I wasn't looking, lol.
Filter wrenches are to cheap to waste 3D printer filament on making one. Lowes, Home Depot, true value, ace hardware, plumbing supply stores all sell them.
The material for this is roughly $1.50, but the main savings is just the time it takes to go to the hardware store in the first place. Plus, no guarantee they have the right size, the reason I made this is the one I was able to buy was about half an inch too large diameter.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 42 58.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back