3D printed builds - lets inspire others

reelredfisah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So still looking at the MK3S for my son as a birthday gift. But I also see the upgrade MMU2S

I am wondering if I also order him this upgrade kit what do I lose? Whats the trade off anyone know?

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So still looking at the MK3S for my son as a birthday gift. But I also see the upgrade MMU2S

I am wondering if I also order him this upgrade kit what do I lose? Whats the trade off anyone know?

The upgrade kit for MMU2s is totally different... not a printer.

It’s an upgrade kit for the multimaterial unit: which you don’t have. Don’t order it lol.

You can order:

MK3s ($749)
MMU2s ($299)

reelredfisah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I understand its not a printer its an upgrade. What I am asking is if I order both what is the trade off. I get it that you can then print in up to 5 colors. But what is it your giving up when you add this upgrade? What do you lose?

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I understand its not a printer its an upgrade. What I am asking is if I order both what is the trade off. I get it that you can then print in up to 5 colors. But what is it your giving up when you add this upgrade? What do you lose?

According to a lot of people, you lose reliability. Join the Official Prusa group on Facebook and you’ll see what I mean- polls show that people struggle with it a lot. I ordered first, but cancelled mine after seeing that less than 50% of buyers experience “reliable multicolor printing”.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about a dual extruder for the Ender 3. There is only one that has decent reviews (decent not stellar) and it costs more than the printer!

Uh nope!

Nem0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is anyone here able to 3d print RFGs? if so, would be willing to purchase some!

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An apex vendor needed a COR20 stand/riser for shows :)

l5Y48X8.jpg

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An apex vendor needed a COR20 stand/riser for shows :)

l5Y48X8.jpg

You need to ditch the prusa and get a printer that does a nice job. ;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

Dude! That looks amazing!

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW, I was getting some ringing in my prints and thought it was really odd. I added a third printer, it wouldn't fit on the self with the other two so I put in on the old stand I was using before. Guess what? No ringing! I swapped one of the other printers to this stand and again, no ringing!

So the vibration in the cheap wire rack shelving is causing the ringing!

I am going to build a rack that is rock solid after the honeymoon. I am glad it's something simple.

The wire rack will go into the carport to store stuff. :)

I hope this helps someone out. It's not always the printer's fault.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just in awe. I received an ender 3 but had been trying to print in PETG. So much more work.

How’s PLA holding up? Other than with heat it seems to do a great job and look sharp.

PLA and PLA+ do just fine in saltwater.

PETG on and ender 3 is a bit of a bear. I can do it but I have modded a couple things to make sure it works without clogging. I really should upgrade the hotend on all mine to do it consistently. It also depends on the brand of PETG. I can't run 3d solutech through mine but I can HQA.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Genetics I have only been printing since Christmas. And I had a bum printer to start with. I am now selling things from my printers and have 3. It seems like a steep learning curve but you will catch up very quickly. It's a lot of fun once you learn how to level on the fly, set your extrusion multiplier and tweak your slicing software to the material you are printing with.

If you need any help I am sure myself and folks here can be of assistance. I wouldn't be doing it like I am if it weren't for a few of the folks in this thread.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love it when things are both functional AND aesthetically pleasing! I need to print a skimmer stand (my old egg crate one is a bit worn and wobbly) so I might borrow this design :p

Sure thing! If you want to send me dimensions, I can easily modify the print to any size and email you the STL :)

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to ditch the prusa and get a printer that does a nice job. ;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

Dude! That looks amazing!

Thanks man!! I’m slowly making progress on my goal.... I want to be the “go to” guy when anyone needs something custom. My answer will ALWAYS be “Sure, no problem!”.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man!! I’m slowly making progress on my goal.... I want to be the “go to” guy when anyone needs something custom. My answer will ALWAYS be “Sure, no problem!”.

My hold up at this point is the drawing part. I am getting a bit better. I practice every day.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back