3D printed builds - lets inspire others

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Off center? Like the hole is not concentric? Or do you mean the height?

If you look down at the gear, it’s like... swinging.... like the hole in the gear is too big. So after you tighten set screw, the shaft is pushed against one side of the gear. So at times it has a lot of torque, at times too little, and this also effects the rate of output.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you look down at the gear, it’s like... swinging.... like the hole in the gear is too big. So after you tighten set screw, the shaft is pushed against one side of the gear. So at times it has a lot of torque, at times too little, and this also effects the rate of output.

Gotcha. Thanks.

Lemme know if you want to sell the ender after you get your new printer. I want a second one. :)

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha. Thanks.

Lemme know if you want to sell the ender after you get your new printer. I want a second one. :)

Won’t be the case- sorry. Enders are perfect for production at good quality. Have another coming. The MK3 is more of a present to myself haha, and to see if I can raise prices on multi-color items.

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the must have mods for an ender 3 and an all in cost with them? I have access to free materials and use of 3 Lulzbot Minis and a Taz but that’s only when I’m in my make space. Would love to have my own unit at home.

$200 sounds like a steal but not if you need to put another $200 into it :)

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the must have mods for an ender 3 and an all in cost with them? I have access to free materials and use of 3 Lulzbot Minis and a Taz but that’s only when I’m in my make space. Would love to have my own unit at home.

I would say using upgraded PTFE tubing, the aluminum extruder upgrade. Those together on amazon about $25.

Now, I would print the fan cover, relocate the spool to the lower side and ribbon cable clips. If you plan on using the SD card I would get the extender cable that converts to full size sd and print the mount for it.

don't bother with all the filament guides. They are crap. Especially if you relocate the spool.

I am getting ready to install the EZABLE that is normally about $100 with shipping. It's not necessary at all. I just print a lot and am tired of releveling the bed.

The most important thing to do is make sure you google "Ender 3 extruder calibration" You will not believe the difference it makes.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The stock ender 3 is a great unit, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Assembled properly, it produces great results. For my production enders that print in PETG, I have aluminum extruder ($10), glass bed ($10-20), and stiffer bed springs ($3).

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a list somewhere of these upgrades (preferably with links to buy them)? I'm finding most of these items on Amazon, but I want to be sure they're the right ones.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a list somewhere of these upgrades (preferably with links to buy them)? I'm finding most of these items on Amazon, but I want to be sure they're the right ones.

They're all knockoffs of eachother, lol. Doesn't matter too much. Amazon will be double the price of getting em from china, but same thing...

https://www.amazon.com/CCTREE-Upgra...id=1550598833&sr=8-3&keywords=ender+glass+bed

https://www.amazon.com/FYSETC-Mothe...&qid=1550598855&sr=8-1&keywords=ender+springs

https://www.amazon.com/CHPOWER-Extr...900&sr=8-7&keywords=ender+3+aluminum+extruder

OP
OP
saintsreturn

saintsreturn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to ask for all of your help here soon. I am pretty heavily booked out with our 3D printers, but i want to have some fun in about 6 months. I am going to purchase a 20g, most likely AIO and stock it with nothing but PLA material. I am going to use live sand and most likely a very small piece of live rock.

The plan from there:
1) Instant cycle using Fritz9
2) 3D rock scape
3) 3D frag plus
4) 3D pieces to replace anything i can find that can be printed without me designing everything
5) some mushrooms
6) some zoas
7) a couple damsels
8) pre determined WC's using IO salt
9) Monthly Triton or ICP water tests

So the ask from y'all:

When the time comes, would any of you be interested in donating things printed from PLA so help out? Thinking misc figures and rock scape so i can attach coral plugs to them and see how much, on a lab tested system, we see changes in water quality?

I am going to pay for the stocking and all that. Currently testing my video editing skills as i will track this with a youtube channel and most likely a thread on here. Not asking to sell or buy anything, but prove/disprove PLA concerns on a documented course.

Why:
Well, why not? PLA has some haters and some fans who have not had issues. But its all relative as we only have our opinions. PLA prints quick and looks amazing, so having a controlled environment should be fun to see what happens. My bet, is nothing will. I have had PLA in my system for a while now without issues, but i do not test water on a triton level system.

doughboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I use ender 3 bone stock with glass bed upgrade only and it works just fine. just search on amazon for glass bed.

Has anyone used amazon basics pla? Just getting into the hobby.
It is fine. so is like 3 other brands I tried. default generic pla setting on ender 3 works just fine.
Actually, lately I've been printing only with bed heated on first level and bed heat is turned off afterwards and prints just fine.

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot (1).png

Didnt want to buy RO/DI filter housing brackets so i made my own.

IMG_20190307_004819.jpg

375ml voss dosing container holder, friction fit with lid with hole for John Guest bulkhead.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to ask for all of your help here soon. I am pretty heavily booked out with our 3D printers, but i want to have some fun in about 6 months. I am going to purchase a 20g, most likely AIO and stock it with nothing but PLA material. I am going to use live sand and most likely a very small piece of live rock.

The plan from there:
1) Instant cycle using Fritz9
2) 3D rock scape
3) 3D frag plus
4) 3D pieces to replace anything i can find that can be printed without me designing everything
5) some mushrooms
6) some zoas
7) a couple damsels
8) pre determined WC's using IO salt
9) Monthly Triton or ICP water tests

So the ask from y'all:

When the time comes, would any of you be interested in donating things printed from PLA so help out? Thinking misc figures and rock scape so i can attach coral plugs to them and see how much, on a lab tested system, we see changes in water quality?

I am going to pay for the stocking and all that. Currently testing my video editing skills as i will track this with a youtube channel and most likely a thread on here. Not asking to sell or buy anything, but prove/disprove PLA concerns on a documented course.

Why:
Well, why not? PLA has some haters and some fans who have not had issues. But its all relative as we only have our opinions. PLA prints quick and looks amazing, so having a controlled environment should be fun to see what happens. My bet, is nothing will. I have had PLA in my system for a while now without issues, but i do not test water on a triton level system.

I stink at 3d drawing right now but sure, I'd give it a go.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back