3D printed Frag rack stand

Viridis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couldn't figure out how to attach the pvc to eggcrate in a half-decent way, so I decided to just print something. It's not pretty, but it's a frag tank, I don't care what it looks like haha.

Fresh off the printer
20200208_182757.jpg

After super gluing it to some PVC (and my hands) and filling the pvc with aragonite to weight it down
20200208_183116.jpg

Once I get the rest printed, I'll post a pic of it in the frag bin.

Sashaka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heck, it looks great to me, and it's much prettier than what I built. I just zip tied more egg crate together to make legs. Mine is so light even with coral frags on it that my clownfish and I battle everyday to see who will win the war over territory. Me-to keep the egg crate with corals upright in the sand, or the clownfish-to upturn egg crate, corals, and all in anger because I am invading her space. LOL Those feet on your model look much more difficult to overturn! :) Nice work!

OP
OP
V

Viridis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heck, it looks great to me, and it's much prettier than what I built. I just zip tied more egg crate together to make legs. Mine is so light even with coral frags on it that my clownfish and I battle everyday to see who will win the war over territory. Me-to keep the egg crate with corals upright in the sand, or the clownfish-to upturn egg crate, corals, and all in anger because I am invading her space. LOL Those feet on your model look much more difficult to overturn! :) Nice work!

I had the eggcrate legs before this, and had to load it with empty plugs just to keep it from floating haha. This is finally heavy enough to stay down.

I don't have to battle clowns though, just hermit crabs :p

Sashaka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the eggcrate legs before this, and had to load it with empty plugs just to keep it from floating haha. This is finally heavy enough to stay down.

I don't have to battle clowns though, just hermit crabs :p

Yeah, I know what you mean. I don't have hermit crabs, but the snails sometimes knock out a frag or two. My sorry looking frag rack floats too if I don't fill it or bury the legs in the sand. Darn clown is just too strong for her own good though... er... I mean for my own good. She will work at moving the rack little by little, even digging the legs out of the sand by shimmying her body next to each leg to disrupt the sand around them until she can loosen the rack and overturn it. She is too smart! LOL Your column legs look nice and heavy and the clips you made look really tight. Your fish will not be able to dislodge it unless you get a rockmover fish or something equally as big. :)

Chriscorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Care to share the file? I can promise any and all credit will be given to you 100%

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 32 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 116 74.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back