3d printed lid for phyto culture

  • Thread starter Thread starter ADHDan
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ADHDan

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2021
Messages
34
Reaction score
16
Location
England
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting a phytoplankton culture and I’m also dipping my toes into 3d printing so I designed a lid to integrate the light, it’s a shower ceiling light so will have to see how well it holds up with salt splash
Dan
85D6572E-5CCD-4288-853A-E3B5F36C7113.jpeg
CBF00DE0-7911-49D4-82F7-1E99CFA3EB1F.jpeg
DD858584-0932-4CE0-A6C5-65E0F13073B3.jpeg
1B7D880B-D6CA-4077-946F-27B8299364DE.jpeg
 
Nice print! FYI, typically you want to aim for the red spectrum when growing phyto. I used a grow lamp bulb (LED) and it worked great! Plus, no heat. I'm concerned about the heat the bulb you're using may generate. Not sure if it's LED or not though.
 
Nice print! FYI, typically you want to aim for the red spectrum when growing phyto. I used a grow lamp bulb (LED) and it worked great! Plus, no heat. I'm concerned about the heat the bulb you're using may generate. Not sure if it's LED or not though.
Hi, its 5watt integrated led, shouldnt generate much heat, its around 400lumens, in figure inside jug a few inches from the water it should be plenty bright enough. i think the spectrum of the light is 6k 'cool white'
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new