3D Printed sump mounted Algae scrubber

Thanks for sharing the design, it was very generous of you:D
 
Thanks for sharing. What size glass will this fit? Looks a little tight for the 8mm glass on my sump but I'd love to give this a go. I don't suppose you can upload the stp files to thingiverse as well so others can remix this excellent design. Thanks
 
Has anyone tried this yet for more then a day? Has anyone ever taken a picture of this working yet? Reviews?

My printer just came in the mail but it'll be about a month before I set it up. This is a cool looking design... would like to see it in action. Looks like the idea is for the water to free fall down into the sump... maybe a rectangular funnel with a screen or filter sock to reduce splashing and catch any escaping algae would be a good addition.
 
I hope you are still working on this, i just order more petg filament and going to try this out. I'd like to help you get this going again.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new