3D printed test kit organizer. (Submit your kit dimensions an I'll try make it also)

Ravan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are nice. It looks like some interlock, but most look stand alone. I don't like a few things about those designs related to not being as compact as possible. Prices are a maybe a little high. I can print them for under that in material cost using an industrial printer with nylon/carbon fiber. Which is overkill, but it's what I have. Someone could probably buy a low end printer for $250 and print my files $1-2 each using a cheaper material. So a few trays at $20+shipping would pay for a good portion of the printer cost. I'd rather encourage that and share my designs. I really don't want to get into printing these as a business. I'll do it as a favor if you don't have/can't buy a printer.

Anyhow I've been busy with the kids events lately, so haven't made much progress but I'm getting back to it now. I have been using what I have so far and I'm loving it. It is almost fun to pick thing up and put them back exactly where they belong. I'll keep updating my progress and when I'm happy with the designs I will share all the files. The Hanna checker is next on my agenda.

The drying stand is one I really need !

OP
OP
Diznaster

Diznaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a while, but I got some time to get back at it. Here is the Hanna ULR rack. Holds both bottles and caps to dry, a 10mL syringe, 25-30 reagent packs, and of course the Hanna unit. Building solids from digitized curves was new to me, but I figured it out. Red Sea Pro NO3 is all I have left on my wish list (yay, more solids from digitized curves). If all goes to plan I'll have that done soon. Then circle back to some minor revisions on what I made already. Maybe have them printed and verified after the long weekend!
Hanna ULR.JPG

OP
OP
Diznaster

Diznaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hanna ULR and Red Sea NO3 are pretty much done (pics attached). Somehow I messed up a locking tab dimension on those, easy to fix/reprint. I did the spoon holder a little different on this RS kit, and I'm happy with it. So I will apply that to the RS foundation kit I did a while back. I also made some adjustments to the 3 bottle dry/store unit (reinforcement ribs and more air circulation room). I made a holder for caps also. I should have this wrapped up with final test prints in about a week. Then I'll drop the files for those with printers, or print one for you if you don't.

Hanna ULR_print.JPG
Red Sea NO3.jpg
Red Sea Pro NO3_print.jpg

Ravan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I may need to hit you up for a few of the Hanna ones and a drying rack

OP
OP
Diznaster

Diznaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I may need to hit you up for a few of the Hanna ones and a drying rack

I only have one Hanna, the ULR Phosphorus myself so that's all I can measure and create from. I'm sure the checker/vials/lids are all the same. All I would need for other Hanna tests is to know the reagents used (packets, jar diameters, etc..) and I could easily adapt to other tests. A coworker has a couple other Hanna tests, I think he mentioned that some of them use more than just a single packet like the PO4 check. If I can get that info I can make a tray specific to each Hanna test. If you have multiple Hanna tests, please advise of this it would help a lot.

Ravan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only have one Hanna, the ULR Phosphorus myself so that's all I can measure and create from. I'm sure the checker/vials/lids are all the same. All I would need for other Hanna tests is to know the reagents used (packets, jar diameters, etc..) and I could easily adapt to other tests. A coworker has a couple other Hanna tests, I think he mentioned that some of them use more than just a single packet like the PO4 check. If I can get that info I can make a tray specific to each Hanna test. If you have multiple Hanna tests, please advise of this it would help a lot.

I will check them all tonight and get back with you as I know one has a large bottle. I have calipers so can give you measurements also on anything just let me know if mm or inches are best.

Ravan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i will send you a message but i need to know if you need it in mm or inches for the measurments.

OP
OP
Diznaster

Diznaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i will send you a message but i need to know if you need it in mm or inches for the measurments.
I prefer mm if possible, but conversion from inch is easy. Sorry I've been slacking on this. I've been doing a bunch of school PTA stuff instead (not fun, but the future of children matters more than my hobby). I'll get back to this project soon.

AndrewG99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the files for the red sea kits available, I've been looking for something similar to this for a while now?

OP
OP
Diznaster

Diznaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got buried in some other stuff, but just got back into this the other day. I'm done making changes to the files and I'm happy with them. I have some time off after the new year and I'm planning to setup an account and upload to Thingiverse.

AndrewG99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got buried in some other stuff, but just got back into this the other day. I'm done making changes to the files and I'm happy with them. I have some time off after the new year and I'm planning to setup an account and upload to Thingiverse.
Im looking forwards to seeing the finished product

dmolavi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd love to see the files on these and print some for myself. Right now, I just have the boxes in a basket-thing taking up way too much space.

glweek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh man so excited for these! I can give you measurements for hanna alk, and sally nitrate

paulflory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like your designs and would really like the design files for what you have so I can print them. Can I search for these on thingiverse under some title? I could use racks for the Red Sea Multi Kit (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH, and alkalinity) with 3 vials, 1 syringe.
I also have 5 hanna checkers... Phosphate ULR (powder packets, 2 vials), Alkalinity (liquid bottle reagent, 2 vials, 1 syringe), Calcium (both powder and liquid reagents, 2 vials, 0.1mL minipipette, 1mL syringe with tips, and plastic pipette), Nitrate LR (liquid reagent, 2 types of power packets, 2 10mL vials, larger vial, 3 sizes of syringes, blunt needle, plastic pipette), Copper checker (powder packets, 2 vials).
I'd really appreciate whatever you have but would be more than happy to get dimensions to you for whatever you don't have if you're willing to make designs for me.
Thanks!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back