3k Gyre Issue

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone know why it keeps getting stuck in alternsting Gyre mode. Support has been great but hoping someone checks out the boards as I know its a holiday weekend. Is the pump a Shot? It keeps freezing up after running a full alternate gyre cycle and then starts up again at the negative. Here is a video.

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran mine that way for a while. I noticed is kept freezing after a few months. Finally noticed the plastic bearings on the shaft that attach to the cadges we’re getting worn down wicker with that mode. I would assume it’s Becca it changed direction. I can imagine it’s slipping on the bearing but then when it goes to reverse it catches the other side of the bearing

OP
OP
Huskymaniac

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran mine that way for a while. I noticed is kept freezing after a few months. Finally noticed the plastic bearings on the shaft that attach to the cadges we’re getting worn down wicker with that mode. I would assume it’s Becca it changed direction. I can imagine it’s slipping on the bearing but then when it goes to reverse it catches the other side of the bearing

I'll have to take a look at it again. It seemed okay when I just took it apart.

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone know why it keeps getting stuck in alternsting Gyre mode. Support has been great but hoping someone checks out the boards as I know its a holiday weekend. Is the pump a Shot? It keeps freezing up after running a full alternate gyre cycle and then starts up again at the negative. Here is a video.

Contacting our support staff (if you haven't already done so) is your best bet so you're at the top of the queue: [email protected].

I'm not sure if your message will be answered during the holiday weekend, but it is definitely not uncommon for our tech team to check the inbox on the weekend and respond to tickets so there isn't a backlog.

I'm not in the support department myself (hello, marketing guy here) so I try to leave the answers to my teammates unless it's a product I use or have used. They just have way more experience and perspective on these matters since they talk to customers every day and have the ability to check past tickets to see how similar issues may have been resolved.

OP
OP
Huskymaniac

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contacting our support staff (if you haven't already done so) is your best bet so you're at the top of the queue: [email protected].

I'm not sure if your message will be answered during the holiday weekend, but it is definitely not uncommon for our tech team to check the inbox on the weekend and respond to tickets so there isn't a backlog.

I'm not in the support department myself (hello, marketing guy here) so I try to leave the answers to my teammates unless it's a product I use or have used. They just have way more experience and perspective on these matters since they talk to customers every day and have the ability to check past tickets to see how similar issues may have been resolved.

Jeff,

Does the 4k Gyre run the same alternate gyre mode as the 3k? The reason I am asking is I didn't see a separate kit for sale and the it doesn't look like you can purchase additional cages.

OP
OP
Huskymaniac

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So they looked okay. I changed them out with the second set I had and still doing.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back