4’ deep, CL yes please - Scape

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
2,121
Reaction score
9,428
Location
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a tank that needed some work to get it up to speed. Since it already had a center overflow (which was roughly cut out) I decided to bore out the holes and turn it into a closed loop system with schedule 80 bulkheads. This is what I came up with for the aquascaping...
D079221F-A8D7-4810-A0D7-308F6F5F0D0A.jpeg
6784934B-2297-427C-90A3-7E9AF668EDC5.jpeg
162494BB-410E-4292-BE77-CC432EEA57F8.jpeg
 
Last edited:
That looks great, really really well done. The video also shows off the tank's bracing at the top really well. The acrylic looks like an inch thick!?
Reef saver rock? Are you still going to have an overflow somewhere?

Thanks for sharing.
 
That looks great, really really well done. The video also shows off the tank's bracing at the top really well. The acrylic looks like an inch thick!?
Reef saver rock? Are you still going to have an overflow somewhere?

Thanks for sharing.
Thank you! It is an inch thick tank, Marco Rock, and I ended up putting it on the top left...
F1005F61-1191-422F-A8D0-901CFDEB7AA0.jpeg
24402969-F4CA-445B-BFB4-E67BFDAA46F5.jpeg
 
Okay. That is just way too cool! Did you use any kind of adhesive on the rockwork or just the zipstrips? Never seen anything like it. Amazing!
I planned on using some emarco 400 but just ended up using zip ties... I will plant sps and caps around to encrust two rocks together all over the reef
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new