4’x2’x2’ build… The Dragons’ Forest

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Jade is the biggest wuss of my wrasses, he will hide for the rest of the day after tank maintainance. Yet when I add other wrasses he’s all over the place wanting them to know whose boss and who is the best.
Thats my dragon. Bully but also coward

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soooo…I panicked for no darn good reason. I started feeding the tank and who shows up….and very hungry since I was out of the house much of the day yesterday and missed feeding.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soooo…I panicked for no darn good reason. I started feeding the tank and who shows up….and very hungry since I was out of the house much of the day yesterday and missed feeding.
That’s great to hear!

I’ve had cases where I panic too early and then the fish just appears then other times when it’s too late that I panic (Unfortunately this last week was mostly a case of I reacted too late).

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I’ve been looking into Hybrid TTM, anyone got any opinions? I want to have a fresh start for the upgrade and as I’m combatting ich and have done so every so often in the last year I think it’s time to QT this set of fish prior to adding into my upgraded tank.

I have seen people do it successfully even with wrasses and feel as though this is the best way to have a high chance of success with QT. Any thoughts are very appreciated and also needed :)

steveschuerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s great to hear!

I’ve had cases where I panic too early and then the fish just appears then other times when it’s too late that I panic (Unfortunately this last week was mostly a case of I reacted too late).
Haha, I usually panic wayyy too early. But on another note, except I’m the case of a few crazy expensive corals or just a favorite I’d become attached to , I tend to be more cavalier about corals and losing them. That’s changed a little since I’ve had better success as I’ve gone on but my feeling is more like “it’s a fish darn it. It should be easier to keep “

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I’ve been looking into Hybrid TTM, anyone got any opinions? I want to have a fresh start for the upgrade and as I’m combatting ich and have done so every so often in the last year I think it’s time to QT this set of fish prior to adding into my upgraded tank.

I have seen people do it successfully even with wrasses and feel as though this is the best way to have a high chance of success with QT. Any thoughts are very appreciated and also needed :)
I would do copperpower 30 days then 2-3 rounds prazi. I have had no issues with my wrasses except the magma which is the one thst came to me with ich. Should have pulled him at 3-4 weeks. I restarted countdown a week after he was in. As @Crabby48 says watch them carefully at week 3.

steveschuerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I know you and @Slocke are wrasse nuts, as I’m apparently becoming. Saw this being adverted at Violet Aquarium. Can’t really afford right now but would it be a good fit with mine?-China, Mel, and Blue Star for refresher
1709523121521.png

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I know you and @Slocke are wrasse nuts, as I’m apparently becoming. Saw this being adverted at Violet Aquarium. Can’t really afford right now but would it be a good fit with mine?-China, Mel, and Blue Star for refresher
1709523121521.png
That would be great except it’s an earmuff

Here’s a babi

IMG_6286.jpeg

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go for it!!
1709523121521.png
Don’t know if I trust someone who got it wrong in multiple ways though. You might get a babi, or a earmuff, or one of the twelve species of leopard…

steveschuerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go for it!!

Don’t know if I trust someone who got it wrong in multiple ways though. You might get a babi, or a earmuff, or one of the twelve species of leopard…
Yeah , I was looking at their website. Wasn’t very encouraging in terms of fish ID. I saw a few other wrong photos. So I’d say I’ll pass.

steveschuerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go for it!!

1709526282940.gif

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately multiple online stores are like that. Dr Reef has gotten a reputation for sending out the wrong wrasse. There was someone recently who bought three different flashers and got 3 completely different species :face-with-tears-of-joy:

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately multiple online stores are like that. Dr Reef has gotten a reputation for sending out the wrong wrasse. There was someone recently who bought three different flashers and got 3 completely different species :face-with-tears-of-joy:
Don’t forget the countless “is this a melanurus?” (Picture of a Lunare) from Dr Reef

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aaahh. Should’ve recognized it was a pic of a halichoeres
Palidus is a halichoeres and is very closely related to the earmuff. I only know one guy who will sometimes import palidus in the USA if asked. He is one of the biggest importers of fish and doesn’t sell direct. Good luck in finding one and an earmuff is a good choice also

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, ontop of getting a Goni for my nano…
IMG_9321.jpeg

I obviously had to grab a new hammer! So, say hello to the Gold Stem Hammer :)
image.jpg

I do have a plan for a fairly rare hammer (I know the ones I’ve got are rare for the UK but in America they’re somewhat uncommon)… a Tiger Hammer frag. And yes, they look like the photos if not nicer!

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And here is the whole collection of hammers now.
Food went in just a few minutes ago so the frags aren’t totally open.
IMG_9326.jpeg

IMG_9325.jpeg

IMG_9324.jpeg

IMG_9323.jpeg

IMG_9322.jpeg

Honestly, I’m not too sure which is my favourite…

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back