i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it a Golden Corral?
1710610471110.jpeg
Well, one that’s going into the nano until this tank is upgraded is a golden coral ;)

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’ve waited long enough… The new hammer is an Ultra Hologram Hammer. Now, I swear this is different to my other Hammer as this is what it’ll eventually become against at the moment.
Here’s a photo of one of them from my LFS.
IMG_9394.jpeg

Against mine
IMG_9392.jpeg

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the status of the fish? DT, fox, hemi tang. Is this a progression that is connected? Seems a bit long for velvet. Are the gills a bit swollen on these fish? Flukes? Are these all in the same tank? How is Ikea?

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the status of the fish? DT, fox, hemi tang. Is this a progression that is connected? Seems a bit long for velvet. Are the gills a bit swollen on these fish? Flukes? Are these all in the same tank? How is Ikea?
Diamond Tail went into hiding for a few weeks prior to his death. He didn’t appear to have anything wrong but the most likely answer is aggression. From who or what I don’t know, possibly the tang.

The Fox died due to me not stabilising the base rocks after taking out the DT so in the night the rocks collapsed and he was unfortunately hit.

Hemi is still MIA, again not sure why. He was probably the healthiest of my wrasses and constantly went for food. He was the first to go for algae. I think it’s a similar story to the DT in which aggression is the issue, but who I don’t know.

The Tang is back to brown, he had maybe an hour of that weird white colour. Possibly from the ‘moonlight’. But overall is healthy and doesn’t show signs of disease other than that rapid breathing.

Ikea is completely unbothered! I’m surprised at how resilient she is as I’ve combatted ich rather frequently this last year and she has never had it. Infact all 3 angels are completely fine, the majestic had an abrasion which has almost totally healed yet still hasn’t had any at least visible disease.

All these guys are in the same tank, this is why when I upgrade I would like to have a total reset and do TTM with the fish. This way they’d at least be healthier and less likely to have ich/velvet.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diamond Tail went into hiding for a few weeks prior to his death. He didn’t appear to have anything wrong but the most likely answer is aggression. From who or what I don’t know, possibly the tang.

The Fox died due to me not stabilising the base rocks after taking out the DT so in the night the rocks collapsed and he was unfortunately hit.

Hemi is still MIA, again not sure why. He was probably the healthiest of my wrasses and constantly went for food. He was the first to go for algae. I think it’s a similar story to the DT in which aggression is the issue, but who I don’t know.

The Tang is back to brown, he had maybe an hour of that weird white colour. Possibly from the ‘moonlight’. But overall is healthy and doesn’t show signs of disease other than that rapid breathing.

Ikea is completely unbothered! I’m surprised at how resilient she is as I’ve combatted ich rather frequently this last year and she has never had it. Infact all 3 angels are completely fine, the majestic had an abrasion which has almost totally healed yet still hasn’t had any at least visible disease.

All these guys are in the same tank, this is why when I upgrade I would like to have a total reset and do TTM with the fish. This way they’d at least be healthier and less likely to have ich/velvet.
Ok. That sounds better that there isn’t some underlying disease process going on.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’ve waited long enough… The new hammer is an Ultra Hologram Hammer. Now, I swear this is different to my other Hammer as this is what it’ll eventually become against at the moment.
Here’s a photo of one of them from my LFS.
IMG_9394.jpeg

Against mine
IMG_9392.jpeg
He’s opened in the week and looks stunning! I cannot wait until it colours up and becomes a nice sized colony.
IMG_9487.jpeg

And this is my other hologram - the Rainbow. He’s also looking incredibly healthy now, and maybe soon to split. His tentacles are huge and fluffy once opened fully in the day!
IMG_9488.jpeg

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is why the finifenmaa is one of the nicest wrasses out there!
Yes there is an orange filter but if I’m honest this is almost identical to what I see at moonlight.
IMG_9537.jpeg

IMG_9535.jpeg

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is why the finifenmaa is one of the nicest wrasses out there!
Yes there is an orange filter but if I’m honest this is almost identical to what I see at moonlight.
IMG_9537.jpeg

IMG_9535.jpeg
I love it. Very striking.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I got back from working and… All the Hammers were truly closed up, fish hiding and nothing looking happy (all corals look like they’re on their last legs).
Hopefully a water change tonight will fix it, but I may need to do an early move into my nano tank with those guys.

Turns out, the reason for the annoyed corals and fish is the temperature for the last day was dropping but with late nights coming home I’ve not noticed it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And just from spite of that I wanted to see what the hammers costed currently…
IMG_9662.jpeg

It’s an expensive game that’s for sure but you’ll see 2 new ones! Yes, I actually got the one hammer this whole wait was for, it’s just a case of he’ll be in the nano until my 5’ tank is ready!

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What were the temp swings? I have found that hammers are super sensitive to alk changes, especially low. Salinity nice and stable?

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What were the temp swings? I have found that hammers are super sensitive to alk changes, especially low. Salinity nice and stable?
it went from 24°C (75°F) to 16°C (61°F) within a day.

My Alk is generally stable with periods that it goes up by maybe 2dKh but that’s not often and usually just after dosing.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. Do you have an Inkbird or other controller for the heaters?
I do have a controller for the heaters - I run Apex Trident but the issue was the Titanium Heater blew.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back