Low-Tech High-Tech 40 Breeder (no filtration)

look what arrived today :star-struck:
Goniaster Tessellatus. been looking for one of these for a very long time!
FD0F4E6B-9BDC-4199-A47F-7595886A0566.jpeg

He lost a few spines during shipment by the looks of it but I was somewhat expecting that.
he’s very active and currently cruising around in the breeder box!
0D509519-095F-4633-9992-32B8A81CB923.jpeg


58828845-B52F-4CA8-8551-F19D0C3D255E.jpeg
How do you feed the sea star in such a new tank? I thought you needed a pretty aged sand bed in a larger tank to keep them? At any rate, it’s stunning!
 
How do you feed the sea star in such a new tank? I thought you needed a pretty aged sand bed in a larger tank to keep them? At any rate, it’s stunning!
LRS Chunky food. it has a variety of clams, shrimp and fish for stuff like eels, but it works great for these guys. been able to keep him for over a year now on that diet and the lack of filtration and predators in this tank fuels the biodiversity which helps the seastars too.
 
Just wanted to give you guys a quick update - I’m gonna be moving soon so I’m downsizing this tank to a 15 gallon. So expect some more updates from this thread. Wish I could’ve kept you guys more updated in the past but I’ve been so busy and the tank has pretty much been on autopilot this whole time lol.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new