4’x2’x2’ build… The Dragons’ Forest

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know of two huge concrete tank builds on R2R. Are you following either of them?
Anderson family and Rob Bob? I lurk on those. Don't have that type of money though. Not yet at least....

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me, I have my dream tank. It's just very young and waiting for it to fill in in the next couple of years. I know myself and wouldn't be able to keep up on a bigger tank, and I would not want anyone else working on it so it's the perfect size for me. It's a 90 4 footer. The only thing I would change is making it 24 deep rather than 18.
IMG_20230212_073358460.jpg

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me, I have my dream tank. It's just very young and waiting for it to fill in in the next couple of years. I know myself and wouldn't be able to keep up on a bigger tank, and I would not want anyone else working on it so it's the perfect size for me. It's a 90 4 footer. The only thing I would change is making it 24 deep rather than 18.
Is that pukani LR?

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m curious, what are your dream tanks like?
Remember when I told you had it planned out lol? Peninsula Style. Concrete floor support, 9 foot long, 4.5 foot wide, 4.5 foot tall, 670 DT, 187 SumpV, 857 TotalV, SPS dominant mixed reef with multiple Goni and Alve islands, Sepertae Integrated sump holding tank of 50 gallons, separate integrated coral/Frag holding tank, (won’t get into sump details unless you want cuz it’s a lot lol), in ground from tank to basement/extra room separate bio-media chamber area, leading to basement/extra room into 6 foot coral display/Frag/ selling shallow Frag tank, with separate fmultiple QT tanks, DTs, and testing areas. :grinning-face-with-big-eyes:
Tank/Stand decorated slate/clay colored (blended in) thin bricks, with 3 foot tall canopy of same decor, hung 6 Radion pros, 3 Neptune Sky, skattered kessils. Should I explain more? :grinning-squinting-face: Probably not lol.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remember when I told you had it planned out lol? Peninsula Style. Concrete floor support, 9 foot long, 4.5 foot wide, 4.5 foot tall, 670 DT, 187 SumpV, 857 TotalV, SPS dominant mixed reef with multiple Goni and Alve islands, Sepertae Integrated sump holding tank of 50 gallons, separate integrated coral/Frag holding tank, (won’t get into sump details unless you want cuz it’s a lot lol), in ground from tank to basement/extra room separate bio-media chamber area, leading to basement/extra room into 6 foot coral display/Frag/ selling shallow Frag tank, with separate fmultiple QT tanks, DTs, and testing areas. :grinning-face-with-big-eyes:
Tank/Stand decorated slate/clay colored (blended in) thin bricks, with 3 foot tall canopy of same decor, hung 6 Radion pros, 3 Neptune Sky, skattered kessils. Should I explain more? :grinning-squinting-face: Probably not lol.
That’s a lot of 7’s. Do you gamble?

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a gorgeous tank!
It’s fun watching them grow out for sure :)
Definitely looking forward to you getting that set up ;)
I don’t really focus on the dimensions (I probably should) but I focus more on the livestock when thinking of my dream tank haha.

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a gorgeous tank!
It’s fun watching them grow out for sure :)

Definitely looking forward to you getting that set up ;)
I don’t really focus on the dimensions (I probably should) but I focus more on the livestock when thinking of my dream tank haha.
Thank you! That means a lot to me. It is only 3 months old. I started a 60 gal on July 4th and moved it to the 90 . The 60 was my first first try at a reef.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well… It’s that time again, I’m down 2 fish. Give me an idea of replacements. One will be a wrasse the other can be any fish :)
So far on the list is;
C. bathyphilus
C. nahackyi
C. efatensis
A. neoguinaicus

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well… It’s that time again, I’m down 2 fish. Give me an idea of replacements. One will be a wrasse the other can be any fish :)
So far on the list is;
C. bathyphilus
C. nahackyi
C. efatensis
A. neoguinaicus
The only wrasse I have experience with is a yellow wrasse. He is very chill and gets along with everyone. He comes to the front of the tank when ever I'm sitting there inspecting the coral.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only wrasse I have experience with is a yellow wrasse. He is very chill and gets along with everyone. He comes to the front of the tank when ever I'm sitting there inspecting the coral.
I’d love another Halichoeres but due to the Iridis and Chloropterus I’ve knocked them off unfortunately.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anderson family and Rob Bob? I lurk on those. Don't have that type of money though. Not yet at least....
I have to admit I do not know who Rob Bob is. However, the other big tank I was referring to is below.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far on the list is;
C. bathyphilus
C. nahackyi
C. efatensis
A. neoguinaicus
Magma not on that list? You need another tile. I had a hooded flame and it was very pretty and mild mannered.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Magma not on that list? You need another tile. I had a hooded flame and it was very pretty and mild mannered.
I somehow forgot about shutmani, that’s definitely on the list :)
I would love another tile, and I have been contemplating it recently as I know I’ve gone down 2 fish and have actually been down 2 fish for a small period now (I didn’t really mention it). If I ever find another chlupatyi I would probably go for it. The only thing that has been stopping me from ordering one is would I want to go through the jumping issue I had previously.

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m curious, what are your dream tanks like?
Just give me cash and we will see how it goes, it’s always random.
But my dream is to own a fish room with different species only displays. Connected to a main 350ish display acro dominated. I love my lps, hence the species only displays come in handy. I could go on all day.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far on the list is;
C. bathyphilus
C. nahackyi
C. efatensis
A. neoguinaicus
Cmon Aaron make me proud! Get a Hooded Flame! I believe it’s an bathyphilus too. And a hawk fish. I LOVE hawk fish. Maybe a Long Nose?

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cmon Aaron make me proud! Get a Hooded Flame! I believe it’s an bathyphilus too. And a hawk fish. I LOVE hawk fish. Maybe a Long Nose?
Or even better… a couple of tiles ;)
456AE032-3BF1-4C59-9F4F-356861C937F8.jpeg

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 68 46.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 48 33.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back