4’x2’x2’ build… The Dragons’ Forest

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Right! That’s less than what many spend daily at Starbucks. I’ll try running this by the wife.
"Hey babe, I'm going to buy these lights. They only cost $7.25 per day for the next 7 years so I need you to not go to Starbucks for the next 7 years. M'kay, thanks. Oh yeah, and I love you."

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Hey babe, I'm going to buy these lights. They only cost $7.25 per day for the next 7 years so I need you to not go to Starbucks for the next 7 years. M'kay, thanks. Oh yeah, and I love you."
Here‘s the 7 years worth of coffee
Loop Starbucks GIF by Frappuccino

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Here‘s the 7 years worth of coffee
Loop Starbucks GIF by Frappuccino
Caramel Machiafrappucino Triple Shot Decaf with false Coconut Milk steamed below temperature Ristretto please!

And they thought coral farmers invented this crazy sales scheme.

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That better be quite the light!
7D0C2988-73AB-4CE6-B7BD-17EB10B2525E.jpeg

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, unfortunately there is still no sign of the Tile - However again, I have many blind spots in this tank, he could be anywhere!
Luckily there is no sign of him jumping out into the sump, backchamber or even out of the tank so I know he’s in the tank still. I’m not worrying yet as I know these guys are much like wrasses and love to hide for days on end then just appear like they’ve been in the tank for 5-6 years! I mean, my first Flashing Tile hid and didn’t eat for the first 3-4 days then on the 3rd or 4th day he was out and about as if to say he had been with those for for decades!

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tile fish updates and pics? :D
Still no sign of him yet, my fingers are still crossed. It’s nearly been a week with no signs of him, however I know this species is very much like wrasses and often hides for a while before coming out.

I know last time I got lucky as he went in day 1 and came out on day 2 to feed.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still no sign of him yet, my fingers are still crossed. It’s nearly been a week with no signs of him, however I know this species is very much like wrasses and often hides for a while before coming out.

I know last time I got lucky as he went in day 1 and came out on day 2 to feed.
I miss your old one. I remember all his pics.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I miss your old one. I remember all his pics.
Most of them will be in one post in this thread :)

Hopefully this guy isn’t dead and does come out, Tiles are known for being more like Anampses and generally suffering from stress. Feeding isn’t as much of an issue IME however settling them can be a pain.

If there was any aggression at all (Which I haven’t seen - but I haven’t seen the fish either), I have a suspicion of the Iridis being ann issue with it.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tilefish update:

I believe I’ve found his ‘hidey hole’ and I believe I can see his tail. I can’t figure out if he’s alive or not however - during feeding I will likely spot feed some food into that hole (I did this last time and wonder if that was why he came out).
Here is a photo, look at that gorgeous blue fork in his tail.
3A82D4B8-8C81-47A3-8E09-34520B670AF4.jpeg

Edit:
Just shone a light in there and accidentally stresses him - He’s alive and well! He didn’t overly stress and only went orange - I’ll try find a post where I said what colours my previous one went and why he went them. However to try reduce any additional stress I am going to spot feed which generally works.

Last edited:
OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tilefish update:

I believe I’ve found his ‘hidey hole’ and I believe I can see his tail. I can’t figure out if he’s alive or not however - during feeding I will likely spot feed some food into that hole (I did this last time and wonder if that was why he came out).
Here is a photo, look at that gorgeous blue fork in his tail.
3A82D4B8-8C81-47A3-8E09-34520B670AF4.jpeg

Edit:
Just shone a light in there and accidentally stresses him - He’s alive and well! He didn’t overly stress and only went orange - I’ll try find a post where I said what colours my previous one went and why he went them. However to try reduce any additional stress I am going to spot feed which generally works.
Just gave him a spot feed and he popped his head out!
Here he is again, this is just after feeding and he’s certainly become less panicked and now faces that entrance to the cave.
Just look at that puppy dog face and tell me that’s a boring old fish ;)
A2F8EC37-3524-42A3-86AF-BC01E43EC342.jpeg

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a plan for feeding now, I’ll likely feed 2x a day, one in the morning and one in the evening (I used to do this but couldn’t keep up with it on my 3’ tank so I went back to 1x a day feeding but packing as many nutrients into the feeding as possible).
I did one feeding this morning and got this video :)

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I’ve specifically given the Tilefish love recently so I thought I would do a full tank feeding to make up for it :)

Nice! Even though "you can't think" have you ever given thought to having music in the background?

Might I suggest the following song? I believe it's very fitting, as you will see, as well as being a good song to sing to your wrasses!

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I’ve specifically given the Tilefish love recently so I thought I would do a full tank feeding to make up for it :)

Looking good! Is that a torch I see?

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Even though "you can't think" have you ever given thought to having music in the background?

Might I suggest the following song? I believe it's very fitting, as you will see, as well as being a good song to sing to your wrasses!

Definitely going to do that next time!

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! Is that a torch I see?
That’s my lonely one headed torch :)
Here it was in all its glory before it got wiped out by flatworms. And the time when I actually had a pair of clowns that didn’t want to kill eachother off (lol and behold that didn’t last long, the male was found dead a few weeks later).
897273AE-DAF7-4F59-85A5-619CEBEBD4BD.jpeg

I’ve been meaning to cut off the surrounding base of the torch to try promote growth since he’s been in the one head gang for 2.5 years now.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 164 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back