i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chloroptosaurus getting nasty with the radiant
He’s starting to gain boldness but the radiant remains boss, they rarely collide like that, it’s interesting the chloropterus was the one who started it though.

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chloroptosaurus getting nasty with the radiant
I noticed that too. Keep an eye on that Aaron. Aggression at feeding time usually progresses to other times.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I’ve specifically given the Tilefish love recently so I thought I would do a full tank feeding to make up for it :)

I thought you were going to fall off that chair when I saw the vid

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed that too. Keep an eye on that Aaron. Aggression at feeding time usually progresses to other times.
Definitely will be keeping an eye on it, generally they’ve only clashed 3 times over 3 years and it was the iridis that caused the first 2 clashes. Other than that they ignore eachother most of the day.

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely will be keeping an eye on it, generally they’ve only clashed 3 times over 3 years and it was the iridis that caused the first 2 clashes. Other than that they ignore eachother most of the day.
My LFS has two tiny juvenile iridis. They are so cute and so tempting to bring home lol I have no idea what I'd do with another iridis though. I'm actually surprised they're still there because usually iridis sell fast.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS has two tiny juvenile iridis. They are so cute and so tempting to bring home lol I have no idea what I'd do with another iridis though. I'm actually surprised they're still there because usually iridis sell fast.
I remember mine being a 1” juvenile, they’re so fricken cute!
Annoyingly I only really began photographing my fish when they were all around 2.5-3 inches

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know what you can do with the other mail it to me ;)

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exciting news all around today!
The Tilefish came all the way out to feed again, his colours are even more beautiful than my first specimens was!
This guy has a gorgeous golden band all the way down his back and that blue body just brings it out so well. I’m hoping he’ll stay out longer in the future and not just remain in his cave.
And for the other good news… I finally got a photo of my Naoko in a proper display that wasn’t forced with a mirror!
65326AD7-BD21-4F19-B89C-88D6BE040B3A.jpeg

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Tilefish came all the way out to feed again, his colours are even more beautiful than my first specimens was!
This guy has a gorgeous golden band all the way down his back and that blue body just brings it out so well. I’m hoping he’ll stay out longer in the future and not just remain in his cave.
And for the other good news… I finally got a photo of my Naoko in a proper display that wasn’t forced with a mirror!
He's colored up nicely!

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's colored up nicely!
He really has since going into the tank!
I’m glad he’s healed up and now thriving, and just look at that fat belly.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know zero about tilefish, so I'm curious why you added him to this tank instead of the 3' tank?
I added him to this tank as they’re generally quite active when they settle properly or Atleast my last one was. The other downside to tank size is my 12” depth on the 3’ tank wasn’t too great with the fact this is a tilefish that enjoys having quite some dark areas and lower light spots to huddle into.
My other main reason was purely because he’s that unusual and this tank was missing something unusual :)

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"dad look how fast I can go!"

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you next picture will be of the actual tile;) As soon as the dog behavior starts it should be pretty easy.
Fingers crossed, he’s a fast one though. He came out during feeding and decided to hang out for a bit but I missed the opportunity
Tank looks great!
thankyou! Considering the age of this tank, I’m not 100% pleased with the corals - I’d love to be growing some Acros and SPS. I’ve even considered just doing a total restart with it to get nice growth of SPS but avoided that considering some of the fish’s ages and sensitivity.

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Considering the age of this tank, I’m not 100% pleased with the corals - I’d love to be growing some Acros and SPS. I’ve even considered just doing a total restart with it to get nice growth of SPS but avoided that considering some of the fish’s ages and sensitivity.
No need to do a restart. If you really want to grow sticks and other sps let's look into your NO3 and PO4 levels. Where do you keep your ALK?

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No need to do a restart. If you really want to grow sticks and other sps let's look into your NO3 and PO4 levels. Where do you keep your ALK?
My Alk remains around 8-10Dkh, my NO3 and PO4 are slightly elevated however they’re I believe 0.5l and PO4 is at 0.04

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Alk remains around 8-10Dkh, my NO3 and PO4 are slightly elevated however they’re I believe 0.5l and PO4 is at 0.04
Your NO3 is actually low if you're only reading 0.5. Bump that up to 5-10ppm.
Does your ALK go from 10 down to 8 between water changes?

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your NO3 is actually low if you're only reading 0.5. Bump that up to 5-10ppm.
Does your ALK go from 10 down to 8 between water changes?
It generally stays at 8-9Dkh and every so often it will climb up to 10, however in my SPS system it stays closer to 11/12Dkh so I’ve never really worried about it when it slowly climbs up to 10.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 42 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back