4 bulb retro fit enough for 90 gallon

  • Thread starter Thread starter riche
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

riche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 7, 2014
Messages
1,246
Reaction score
439
Location
Metro Detroit
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Would a 4 bulb retro fit t-5 be enough over a mixed 90 gallon

Dont plan on any sps but want the tank to "pop" and be bright

Have the option of doing 6 or 8 but wanted to start with 4 If I could
 
How high over the tank will it be.
And how deep is the tank.

A 4 tube fixture will give you about 500 to 700 par or so at 12in. At the top of the tank.
but won't give you quite 10o par at the bottom I belive.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new