4 bulb t5 fixture bulb suggestion

HarleyMan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iv got a 4 bulb t5 fixture and im looking for the best bulbs to grow coral for a frag tank. looking into ATI but no sure on best combination. Wanting to have the capabilities to grow out off different types of corals. i have primes as well to supplement is need be.

Right now i have softies and euphillia in there with some primes.

mmorriso

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Generally a combination of Blue+ and Coral+.

Anything from 4 x B+ to 2 x B+ will look ok, although if you’re not accustomed to T5’s more than a single Coral+ could be a bit of a shock for you.

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you want a white tank or a blue tank? Lol

Most makers make these diffrent colors or bulbs and call them something diffrent. I plan on getting more to play with. Like an all actinic and a coral bulb.

If u want a blue tank. The white and lagoon bulb replace with actinic and another blue.

mine will be-
Purple
Blue
Lagoon or aquablue
White

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iv got a 4 bulb t5 fixture and im looking for the best bulbs to grow coral for a frag tank. looking into ATI but no sure on best combination. Wanting to have the capabilities to grow out off different types of corals. i have primes as well to supplement is need be.

Right now i have softies and euphillia in there with some primes.
If you are going with ATI, then any combination of Blue+ and Coral+ will work great. I agree that 2&2 or 3 B+ is a good combo for 4 bulbs. I would buy 3 blue+ and 2 coral+ and maybe an actinic, that way you can experiment a little.

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Four Coral Plus. It's a standalone 50/50 bulb that shows off excellent fluorescence while not drowning out all of the reflective colors like Blue Plus does. I have all the other ATI bulbs on the shelf in my basement, and occasionally I'll throw in a couple of B+ or actinics and it just ruins the perfect spectrum that ATI created with the C+. When I'm in my chair looking up at my Sunpower, it looks exactly like the blue sky behind Eagle in my avatar.

NC Jim

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For only growth and not looks I would go 3 blue + and 1 actinic. If you care about looks 2 blue + 1 coral + and 1 actinic.

mmorriso

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Four Coral Plus. It's a standalone 50/50 bulb that shows off excellent fluorescence while not drowning out all of the reflective colors like Blue Plus does. I have all the other ATI bulbs on the shelf in my basement, and occasionally I'll throw in a couple of B+ or actinics and it just ruins the perfect spectrum that ATI created with the C+. When I'm in my chair looking up at my Sunpower, it looks exactly like the blue sky behind Eagle in my avatar.
I’ll admit, you’ve piked my interest! I’ve never seen more than 50% Coral+, I would have thought it would be too white.

I’m tempted to break out the PowerModule just to try it out.

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to admit I do like a 10 even 15K lamp , with at least one actinic....in terms of viewing the tank anyway. Mine is only 2 lamps, and run a coral + 10k and an Actinic deep spectrum. Along with a Fluval LED to supplement.

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's still a very blue spectrum IMO, but with excellent color rendition of ALL the colors. I also like that it's a completely homogeneous blanket of light over the tank. It will be too white for most American reefers these days, but I'm a guy that thought 10K halides were too blue when they came out. My little Battlecorals aren't complaining!

Back