4-day old kh director leaking

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

carjeff87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question, I installed the kh director, it ran fine for a few days and started developing a leak around the ph probe so I tightened the nut with a wrench. A few days later salt creep started to develop around the bottom lip and seams around the case. I summited a ticket. I read the label regarding the warranty am I out of luck? Should I open the case up since I no longer have a warranty or return the item as defective to the vendor I bought the item from? Thx.

Cali9dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Along the same lines…do you have the KHD above your doser ? If so, flip it because the KHD will leak into your doser and fry it. Eventually the internal hoses rub together and rub a hole in each other and you will definitely have an internal leak…just a matter of time….so there is that to think of. As far as the probe leak go to a dive shop (if you have one local) and get some silicone grease and coat the little rubber ring that the probe sides through, then retighten. Should be good to go as far as that leak!

OP
OP
C

carjeff87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Along the same lines…do you have the KHD above your doser ? If so, flip it because the KHD will leak into your doser and fry it. Eventually the internal hoses rub together and rub a hole in each other and you will definitely have an internal leak…just a matter of time….so there is that to think of. As far as the probe leak go to a dive shop (if you have one local) and get some silicone grease and coat the little rubber ring that the probe sides through, then retighten. Should be good to go as far as that leak!
Yes. Will Ghl accept this as a warranty return or should I just return the unit to the vendor I bought the unit from since they have a 30-day policy?Thx

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Will Ghl accept this as a warranty return or should I just return the unit to the vendor I bought the unit from since they have a 30-day policy?Thx
This should be handled in the ticket system. Please open one if you have not done so already.

OP
OP
C

carjeff87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This should be handled in the ticket system. Please open one if you have not done so already.
I already did
i already did ticket 6290. Unfortunately it doesn’t allow me to respond to your message and I’m unable to log in to your intranet. My response to this ticket is as follows.

Hello Vinny,

I installed the director and two days later I noticed a leak from the probe area, I checked multiple times for any leaks prior to that and didn’t notice any, so I tightened it up with a wrench until it didn’t leak. A few days later salt creep showed up. I then decided to take it off line and put it in a Tupperware container and took a filter sock and filled about half way with co2 absorbent pellets I use for my co2 scrubber to remove any remaining moisture and sealed the container. It’s been like that for a few days now.

Jeffrey

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already did

i already did ticket 6290. Unfortunately it doesn’t allow me to respond to your message and I’m unable to log in to your intranet. My response to this ticket is as follows.

Hello Vinny,

I installed the director and two days later I noticed a leak from the probe area, I checked multiple times for any leaks prior to that and didn’t notice any, so I tightened it up with a wrench until it didn’t leak. A few days later salt creep showed up. I then decided to take it off line and put it in a Tupperware container and took a filter sock and filled about half way with co2 absorbent pellets I use for my co2 scrubber to remove any remaining moisture and sealed the container. It’s been like that for a few days now.

Jeffrey
I'm trying to follow up on a ticket and the system won't let me log in either.

*Ruffian*

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just went through the leaking issue myself. Didn't realize the build up around the lip and fried my board.

You need to lubricate the rubber gasket. I used Vaseline and tightened with a a few cranks of a wrench. Dry as a bone. I found a post on here that mentioned the lubricating. Give that a try before sending in.

Dc555

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just went through the leaking issue myself. Didn't realize the build up around the lip and fried my board.

You need to lubricate the rubber gasket. I used Vaseline and tightened with a a few cranks of a wrench. Dry as a bone. I found a post on here that mentioned the lubricating. Give that a try before sending in.
Which rubber gasket? I also have a leak and should fix it before we fry a board... Lol.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which rubber gasket? I also have a leak and should fix it before we fry a board... Lol.
There is a rubber gasket inside this connection (red marking)

1675779937087.png

Sincerely Lasse

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back