4 EcoTech products not working!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dantheman79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, 4 months ago I purchased 3 MP40s and 3 Radion G4 Pros. I used 2 lights and 2 MP40s up until 2 weeks ago when I switched from a 55g to a 225g tank. I was so excited about being able to inbox my 3rd pump and light!!! After setting everything up, when I went to turn on my pumps, ALL 3 would not turn on! I tried different outlets, switching the provided power supplies around...NOTHING!!!!

So, I call EcoTech and they tell me to take the controllers apart, take pictures and ask me some questions... not finding a solution they tell me to send the 3 pumps in... I have as of today.

Then today, I get home from work and what do you know.... my Brand new out of the box, only used for 2 weeks light is off and flashing red...what the heck!!!!!!!!!!!! I factory reset, it comes on then immediately shuts off. The fan is still blowing. My other 2 lights work just fine. Nothing is hot... I don’t get it?!?!?!?!?

I read somewhere that EcoTech is using cheap Chinese parts, but I don’t want to believe it!!!! They charge us so much money for the product to be built in the hands of the same country who skimps on everything!!!!

All I want is my freaking stuff to work!!!!! That’s $2000 worth of product that I’m not using right now!!!!

So does anyone have a solution?

Treasure Coast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That happened to me with 2 L series pumps and 1 M series. One went down and a day later the other 2. Almost like they communicated with each other. Ecotech replaced them for free, but you can only do 1 at a time. Good luck.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TBH, if three pumps went dead at the same time, it is almost certainly something you did/something that happened on your end. The odds of that happening are infinitesimal.

Treasure Coast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, that's why I think they communicated with each other. I replaced the first down one with a backup L pump, The next day I tried to fix the broken one, messing with buttons etc. the replacement went down and shortly after the M pump quit on another tank.. Lights on pump started blinking and no pumping. 3 pumps in 2 days sounds crazy so had to be linked in my opinion. Ecotech was great, though archaic rule of one replacement at a time needs to be updated to modern times.

MyReefRobbedMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ecotech has great customer service 5 star but I know exactly what you mean I had couple return pumps quit , couple QD controllers go bad , power supplies go bad . I’m on my last back up M1 once it goes bad I’m switching to a different brand

Alex1Young

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Dan,

I would recommend ensuring you are using the correct power supply with each Radion/VorTech. As we all know switching aquariums is fairly hectic and it's not uncommon for wireless to become crossed. That said, please don't hesitate to give us a call today.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back