• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

4 Ft Hamilton Cebu MH/T5 light

Fishresponse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am selling a 4 foot Hamilton cebu MH unit that has 2 x 250w and 4 x 54w T5 that has electronic ballasts that adjust to HQI or non. The light is about 5 years old. There are 2 eBallasts - One of the ballasts was bought used and is 1 year older than the main light unit so basically 6 years old. The other ballast is only 4 years old as I added It on later so I could use Radion bulbs. I’m asking $450 for everything and local pickup only as it’s too big too ship.

I’m in the Kansas City, MO area,

This is the model from the manufacturer:

4 FT CEBU SUN SYSTEMS - 2 X 250 WATT & 4 X 54 WATT T5 HO

Michellej

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking of getting one of these but I have a 72 inch tank. Do you like the fixture though, as far as quality and maintenance? Can you turn the lights on separately?

OP
OP
F

Fishresponse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this over 4 feet of my 7 foot tank. The other portion was lit by a separate light. But I was being lazy....

yes each light is on it’s own separate switch. The T5s have 2 switches between the four bulbs.

OP
OP
F

Fishresponse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cool, did you ever struggle finding replacement halide bulbs?
Obviously not for T5s and the market for halides is getting smaller. If you want to order directly from Hamilton, there seems to be a couple choices. And if you want to go with radiums, those seem to be available everywhere online still. I really like the radiums, but not for the price when you can get a Hamilton bulb for about half the price.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 10.0%
Back