4 head stand alone doser for AWC??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so after the move I will have two largish tanks that I would love to do AWC from the basement. so the questions is:

can the GHL stand alone doser do that? 2 heads per tank? or is this more of a light duty doser?

thanks and happy reefing!

Bramzor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What you need is 2 dosing heads on one motor (easiest way to get the same amount of water through) and a dosing head that gets enough water per hour to get a 3-4% water change in 10-30 minutes. You do not want to run those motors for hours but still have it long enough to get stability in the water changes.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on how many gallons per day you want to transfer, the D2.1 may or may not be suitable.
If under 1 gallon per day, then yes a Doser 2.1 would be okay to use.

Anything more than that and the Maxi doser would be the better option since it moves much more water in the same time.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on how many gallons per day you want to transfer, the D2.1 may or may not be suitable.
If under 1 gallon per day, then yes a Doser 2.1 would be okay to use.

Anything more than that and the Maxi doser would be the better option since it moves much more water in the same time.

both tanks around 1.5 -2 gal per day. so looks like I would need 2 of the Maxi dosers then. are the stand alone programmable vis app or do you need the controller?

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SA run their own mini controller that interfaces via phone app / myghl just as the native profilux controller does. The bonus is should you ever change to a profilux, they can be put in slave mode and continue to be used in the new ecosystem.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
both tanks around 1.5 -2 gal per day. so looks like I would need 2 of the Maxi dosers then. are the stand alone programmable vis app or do you need the controller?

You can purchase both Stand Alone and Slave units. The Stand alone version uses the MyGHL control app/center as mentioned above. You can purchase one stand alone and one slave to save a few bucks if you wish.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back