4 line damsel tankmates

Udest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I know I'm harboring a pshycopathic murder but I was thinking of upgrading my tank to either a 29 I have sitting or a 55 also sitting and didn't want accidentally make a fishy fightclub

mort

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably not what you want to hear but I'd personally use the upgrade as an excuse to catch the damsel and rehomed it. They are neat looking fish but really make adding anything hard, especially when they go in first.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends a lot on how big it is. If full grown (2" plus) in a small tank then tankmates = zero!

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I know I'm harboring a pshycopathic murder but I was thinking of upgrading my tank to either a 29 I have sitting or a 55 also sitting and didn't want accidentally make a fishy fightclub
The gamble is to put him in the tank last. Even then it may not work.

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had what is clearly a different experience but my Damsel is a four stripe named Oswald. He’s never bothered anyone. He’s been in a 29 nanocube which I recently upgraded to a 32 biocube with several fish over the years and never bothered anyone except my coral beauty angel who was a dick. I’ve had a huge clown, he was scared to death of, a green corris wrasse who schooled with him and they ate together, my engineer goby who is 2ft long and still with me, and pajama bottoms. He never bothered anyone but my angel who also tried to chase him. He’s a huge wuss. But I may have the one in a million. For reference he grew up in my dads 29 nanocube with an electric blue damsel who was a terror. Pic attached of him hiding in terror in the corner of the tank while the tv is on.

image.jpg

OP
OP
Udest

Udest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might re add him last since some of the fish I wanted to get were also suspected murders as well was thinking a sixline wrasse or a orchid dirty back and a couple more fourlines.

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might re add him last since some of the fish I wanted to get were also suspected murders as well was thinking a sixline wrasse or a orchid dirty back and a couple more fourlines.
Do not do multiple four lines. They will fight to the death. Mine is fine with anything except other four lines. We tried that and they had to leave they were bullying him

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 47 29.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 28.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.0%
Back