40 Breeder Snowflake Eel Tankmates

John Kastanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning to convert my 40 Breeder from freshwater to saltwater, and I'm starting to plan on what kind of fish I will be keeping. I have heard great things about the Snowflake Moray Eel and I really really want one, so it is definitely on my list. What other fish can I keep with it? Will he harm anemones at all? Which fish are safe with him? Is there enough room to keep any angels/butterflies/tangs with him? Will he harm neon gobies? What kind of cleaning crew is suitable? Any tankmate suggestions? Thank you!

mkutsch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meh. Depends if he's angry and hungry or not.
Just kidding, I would add anything bigger than his mouth.

OP
OP
John Kastanos

John Kastanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But is there enough space to add anything to the tank that doesn't fit in his mouth? Is there enough space to add a tang? A small angel?
Thanks for replying!

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No tang could live in a 40, check out some of the dwarf angels to find out which ones may be good in a 40. I've kept a cherub pygmy angel and he's a great fish that would be fine in a 40. Feed the snowflake about every 3 days as much as he will eat, a snowflake is very unlikely to wrestle down a fish; just don't put anything super small. When all is said a 40 will be sort of tight and that can be risky for potential tankmates.

OP
OP
John Kastanos

John Kastanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I'll try a dwarf angel and perhaps a pair of clowns that he can't eat, I plan on getting a small one.

Back